All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 21, 2012 03:43PM
Splif, I was at the springs on Friday 2/10, the weather this coming weekend looks like it should be similar to when I was there on the 10th. It might be a little cool and breezy at the beginning of your hike down to the springs but once you drop down into the canyons the wind goes away and if the sun is out you stay nice and warm. I free hiked to and from the springs and did not have any issues feeling cold. I came in from the Bowen Ranch parking lot. If you are bringing in a bunch of people and are going to use the Bowen Ranch parking area remember the entry fee is $5.00 per person, not $5.00 per car. The gate keeper will track you down if you do not pay the correct entry fee. I drove to the parking area in a very low sitting sedan and never scraped the bottom of my car, just take your time and pick a good line. Crossing the creek was not an issue at all, the water only came up to my knees, it was a little nippy but nothing compared to when the water is up to your waist level. None of the pools had any leaks and were full of nice hot water to soak in. There are not as many people at the springs during this time of year compared to when you go in the summer.

Hope you can make the journey this weekend and send out a trip report to let us know how it went.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Headed Out this Weekend

Splif1723February 21, 2012 02:22PM

Re: Headed Out this Weekend

Splif879February 21, 2012 03:15PM

Rick924February 21, 2012 03:33PM

lbcalrr1036February 21, 2012 03:43PM

Splif1370February 21, 2012 04:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login