Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

DCHS 2-10-12

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 11, 2012 08:55PM
It was a beautiful day at the springs yesterday with warm temps, blue skies and light breezes. On the way hiking down I passed a young woman who was trying to get a call out for her friend that was having an asthma attack while climbing the trail. I showed her where to get a cell signal not far from where she was. Phil who went to Burning Man for the first time last year was there, and we soaked and chatted for some time in the Womb. Another guy Tim up from the Long Beach area joined us for a while. Other regulars like Don and Jason were there but other than that it was a pretty quiet day. A police helicoptor showed up and worked on rescueing the asthma vicitim. It took the law enforcement quite a while to get the resuce done and it was pretty noisy at times. The Womb temp was 101, and the Serenity pool was 107. The creek was 54 degrees. The tree that fell over by the grassy are has been all chopped up, probably for fire wood and there is only a big stump and some roots left. There are some signs of spring, even this early. At our home our Joshua Tree is beginning to show the bulbs for the blooms. On the way driving up to the springs I saw some type of fruit tree in full bloom ( pink petals ). Also other various desert plants are showing some spring like growth. January was the warmest month ever on record for the US so I'm sure this is inducing the early spring growth. Well today the weather is quite a bit differant with windy and cold conditions and scattered clouds. Glad I went to DCHS yesterday for a good soak :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 04:00PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS 2-10-12

Wizard1660February 11, 2012 08:55PM

Re: DCHS 2-10-12

lbcalrr927February 12, 2012 07:11AM

Re: DCHS 2-10-12

Wizard1413February 12, 2012 04:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login