Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Re: advice, help, info.....

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 26, 2012 01:24PM
Yep, Bradford is good coming that way. I came from Big Bear and hiked that trail. I ate breakfast in Running Springs before I headed out. It is difficult but doable.

I enjoyed that route because no one was hiking that trail at all. I prefer to hike naked when I can. I have hiked naked both time I went to DCHS. I met Jobe at the springs the day I came in from Bradford. The trail is easy to follow but once you get to the fence opening when you are overlooking the creek I am told that veering left to that trail is the official ridge trail. I headed right down a steep canyon. I made it ok and the trail was fine except for the last 200 yards or so, hard to see but easy to get to the creek trail.

Nude at the creek may or may not be the norm but you would expect to see some flesh. No one cares either way and every is very cool there. As long as you don't mind you'll have a great time. I would say the nude folks are the friendliest by far.

The trail head is at 34°19'5.69"N 117°11'45.27"W. A parking spot is on the northwest side of the bridge and the trail starts on the southeast side of the bridge heading north. The place where the trail splits is at 34°20'11.61"N 117°11'4.35"W. I didn't make the correct turn and went right. Didn't feel like left was the right way to go since I had the springs coordinates programed in the GPS. But left is the way and I am told much easier. But still a steep descent and ascent.

Be a free spirit and you'll have a great time. Water is essential. Bowen is a long drive but the hike is a bit easier. Still challenging but slighly easier. Don't be scared off from the Bowen route by the fact that no one goes down the highy to get there. The road ends only a few hundred yards from the trailhead so there is no through traffic. It is a great hike especially the solitude.

Can't wait to go again. Feel free to contact for other tips.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

advice, help, info.....

MomLovesElectro2397January 24, 2012 02:36PM

jobe1099January 24, 2012 08:57PM

hiker1036January 25, 2012 09:25PM

jobe978January 26, 2012 04:27AM

nekkid19641064January 26, 2012 01:24PM

mdskibum965February 15, 2012 04:02PM

Wizard947February 15, 2012 05:49PM

Wizard777February 15, 2012 05:53PM

mdskibum1404February 15, 2012 06:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login