Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bowen Ranch road condition, any improvements?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 06, 2011 10:23AM
The roads... well, I was there on Saturday 12/3, the roads are a bit more washboarded... passable but rough. The path on the ranch, no changes have been made, it is still very rough, deep holes and some rockey areas I am sure will one day take out the bottom of a car... it does need to be graded/filled badly. Personally, I would be very cautious in a sedan, but I did see a smaller car parked there with no problems. Just take it really slow.

The day was a beautiful day Saturday, cold, crisp and breezy. I arrived to only two gals there in the pools, about 11:30 a hiking group with 40+ showed up, but only stayed about 30-45 min and hiked out... not all partook of the pools. After they left out there were only four of us left: Mayor Dave, Hippy Dave, Donnie and I were there till three couples and two gals visiting from New Jersey came in. Had some great conversations that day! The hike out in the cold can really tear you down if you are not ready for it. Crossing the creek (which has risen a little bit) was quite a COLD experience, toe numbing cold. Wizard said it was 50 the weekend prior, but wow, it can't be much over freezing now.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bowen Ranch road condition, any improvements?

Sam D.1684December 05, 2011 08:08PM

jobe945December 06, 2011 06:13AM

Johnny898December 06, 2011 10:23AM

Wizard923December 06, 2011 12:51PM

Paul P.1536December 06, 2011 04:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login