Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Trip Report Friday 10/28

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 29, 2011 07:37PM
Great report. Saturday was almost the same. Cold hike in, exceptional warm pools to defrost in. I arrived at the ranch just before 8, the group you saw go in did not materialize at the creek... wonder if they were the ones the old springer you spoke of was telling me about that needed rescuing around 130am... chopper and 4x4's to get people out of the back roads.
The pools are nice now, the sun hits them later in the day which makes for a wonderful soak experience in the chilly mornings. That big rock that moved into the Arizona pool during the winter floods is now out of the way, much more room and it's deeper now too. The mood changed after Noon when more people showed up, two groups of over 10 each... textiles. The other thing I noticed was while trying to get some sun, the little flies.. what a nusaince, very light breeze, not enough to blow them away, ah well.
With the sun setting earlier, the depart time was about 4, like you said. I took up the end of a group of 14 heading out, just hung back. Went by and spoke to the old springer to check out his rig and tent set up... I have to agree with you now Neo, time to get that 4x4 and learn some back roads... Also, that path down to the parking area on the ranch has managed to put a couple gouges in my tire sidewalls. I do not recommend to anyone to take a low profile car down there, park close to the house till the path is fixed. Wait till it rains, it will be impassible to almost anyone unless they have a 4x4, but then they probably don't park there anyway.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report Friday 10/28

neogeo2912October 29, 2011 01:24PM

Johnny1051October 29, 2011 07:37PM

neogeo1027October 30, 2011 01:28AM

SilverAvion1010October 29, 2011 07:47PM

Wizard1107October 30, 2011 09:04PM

neogeo1569October 31, 2011 09:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login