Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Re: 10-19 Trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 21, 2011 08:33PM
Wizard
Johnny, It sounds like you are referring to a vehicle that is laying down the hill from a dead end rd up on the ridges. We spotted that one some years ago and I hiked over to it and took photos, including one of the license plate and sent the pics and info to Brad Burns, the USFS ranger at the time. The one I am speaking of can be seen from the Bowen Ranch Trail ( west of it ). It is sitting in a rock outcrop where it got lodged upside down, and if not for those rocks in probably would have tumbled down to the bottom of the canyon. Its in a difficult spot and this is probably why the USFS have not bothered to try and get it.

I was at Deep Creek on the 20th ( yesterday ) also. I measured the creek temp at 62 degrees. The trees along the creek are starting to change color which is always beautiful to see :-) So Johnny did you see the little red helicopter that was buzzing the canyon in the afternoon? It was flying real low over the area I was and almost landed at one point. Did it land at DCHS? It looked to me like some private chopper.

No, I was there on Weds, so no little helo, maybe someone else saw it? I guess I had just never seen that vehicle there before, sounds like the one you discribe... must have been the change in sun's angle to shine so I noticed it. I'm just glad it's been reported. I first noticed it three weeks ago when hiking in, and mentioned it to another hiker on the way out. Thanks for letting me know, now I'm not worried anymore of someone being hurt up there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

10-19 Trip report

Johnny1950October 20, 2011 01:39PM

DCHS Jaunter979October 21, 2011 08:14PM

Wizard916October 21, 2011 08:26PM

Johnny995October 21, 2011 08:33PM

Wizard1026October 21, 2011 10:47PM

Wizard1430October 22, 2011 11:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login