Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: FIRE @ the Freedom trail head ¿

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 11, 2011 09:15PM
I arrived at Bowen Ranch on Friday 10-7 at around 3:45PM and I could see smoke from the fire. From the smoke, the fire did not look very large. By the time I arrived at the springs around 4:30 or so, there were helicopters and fixed wing aircraft flying around and I presume dropping water and fire retardant. A couple who arrived at the springs after me (just before dusk) said they were passed by Forest Service fire trucks on Bowen Ranch Road as they drove in. The planes and helicopters were finishing up by this time. I hiked out around 7:30PM and could see fire trucks near the fire area when I got to the Bowen parking lot, but they soon left.

I camped at Bowen and had a nice visit. Friday evening was very quiet as was Saturday morning. Only 2 campers from Friday to Saturday (as best as I can tell). I met them on the trail hiking out as I was hiking in ( about 8:00AM). From 9:00 to 9:45 or so I was alone at the springs although I think Camper Dave was upstream. As the day went along more people arrived, but it was pretty quiet for a Saturday and the majority were nude or top free, all were very pleasant. One group of 7 or so women and men arrived to celebrate a birthday and were surprised when people on the beach stripped to cross the creek. They apparently didn't know the springs were clothing optional. While they did not go nude, they were still a very nice group and were fun to talk with. I also saw Jobe and the group cleaning the womb. I hiked out around 2:30 or so and met only three people hiking in.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FIRE @ the Freedom trail head ¿

jobe2421October 10, 2011 09:46AM

Paul P.905October 10, 2011 10:42AM

jobe883October 11, 2011 07:05AM

hiker1602October 11, 2011 09:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login