Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: FIRE @ the Freedom trail head ¿

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 11, 2011 07:05AM
Saturday Night as I slept in my car there were 3 other cars in the parking lot at @ 9:00 pm. When I woke up at @ 7:am there were 9 cars/trucks and 2 more cars were parked near the road going out. I figured it would be a crowded day at the springs. But it was not, most of the campers were hunters. Not even interested in going to a NAKED place like Deep Creek one camper told me. "To each his own," I told him.
Yes Paul, I wonder that too. Every one I talked to about that had different answers. Perhaps some one who knows can come here and post their take on what happened. Maybe some one can dig out an incident report from the C.D.F. website. I supposed that when I got here some one would have already posted about the fire. The fire had been completely surrounded by the fire fighters. They also chopped down all the trees and bushes on the east side of the fire. It is an ugly sore monument to peoples stupidity !
Sunday was a great day to be at the springs. The creek is too cold for some hikers, I'd say in the low 60's. A sign of the season and a sign of things to come. The creek is getting lower still, just above the knees.
The Womb pool was sucked clean of debris by a couple who said they wanted to make the springs a better place. So I got my hose out for them and we helped each other out with that. I"d guess we got more than 80% of the debris off the bottom. This was done on Saturday. On Sunday morning I was very happy to see a sparkling clean pool I had to myself for @ 1/2 an hour. Then a lovely woman and her 2 children woke up and got into the pool too.
The Anniversary pool was in excellent shape too. Some careless hot springer's had left some trash here which I quickly disposed of. The rocks that are where the breached wall was are very pretty and working very well. This pool is very clean and some one is keeping it that way. A great big THANK YOU to whom ever is doing this good job ! Later in the day a guy named Johnny and I put @ 40-50 5 gallon buckets of sand in front of this pool in an attempt to stabilize the willow tree and to make it easier to access the pool. Thanks again for your help Johnny.
The Arizona pool was just over 1 foot deep. I took my shovel over and dug it out to over 2 feet again. As soon as I did this it was full of springer's the rest of the day. Too crowded for me to enjoy much.
After this I took my trash bag around to the usual places trash collects. Much to my surprise, I could hardly find any trash. My 30 gallon bag was not even half full. So, as I left I picked up the trash at the Freedom trail head to make my bag full.
Every one seemed to have an terrific weekend, self included.
Glad 2 help !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FIRE @ the Freedom trail head ¿

jobe2423October 10, 2011 09:46AM

Paul P.906October 10, 2011 10:42AM

jobe883October 11, 2011 07:05AM

hiker1604October 11, 2011 09:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login