Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report Monday 9-26

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 27, 2011 07:15AM
I arrived at the Freedom trail head at 12:30 pm. I just read neogeo's trip report, the power line road is in worse condition than Bowen ranch road which makes it much more fun in my opinion. I am so glad I have a 4 wheel drive Explorer. It had rained on the road earlier and I could see only one other person had accessed this road before me. Of course motor bikes had zigzagged the road in several places. When I got to the trail head only one other car was there. I could see 1 car and 2 camper vans at the Bowen ranch parking area. As I was looking over there a VW bug arrived with 2 guys. The Freedom trail parking area was littered with much trash. The one car there had packed out several bags of trash and put them next to their car. Thanks, to who ever.
This was my first time to the springs in several weeks. The creek was lower than I expected but cool and refreshing after a very warm hike in. Every one was nude except one guy I talked to who lived in Hesperia not far from my house. He said he was trying to get in shape for the hunting season by hiking to the springs. Good excuse ;~) There were probably a dozen people at the springs. Mostly just lazing about quietly.
When I got to the Anniversary pool I found it had been completely repaired recently, as the cement looked to be still very green. It was a very nice soak. A couple came over with a very large bong and offered me some of their medicine. I politely declined. Siting my drug test as a reason not too. They made a lot of smoke which attracted others to the area. The water from there was flowing over the dam and into the womb. The first time I have seen this since the wall collapsed several months ago.
To avoid temptation I went over to the Arizona pool with my shovel and proceeded to dig this pool out . Because it was less than 1 foot deep. It is now over 2 feet deep. But I suppose it will fill with sand again soon. Because of the large sand bank above there. I put the sand in the pool on a new beach just up steam some. It is very nice there now.
I saw trash every where I looked. A big clean up is in order.
I talked to the well tanned guy neogeo mentioned, mostly to complain about the large volume of trash there. He said it was all good and he would get onto it. Then he fell a sleep :~o
The womb was very nice to soak in, except the litter. I found 3 and 1/2 pair of sunglasses in the bottom with my goggles. I also found a flask of very tasty wine there.
The weather was perfect. Every one I saw and talked to was having an excellent day !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report Monday 9-26

jobe2214September 27, 2011 07:15AM

Re: Trip Report Monday 9-26

neogeo978September 28, 2011 09:03PM

jobe999September 29, 2011 02:26PM

neogeo884September 29, 2011 09:45PM

Wizard1121September 30, 2011 08:44AM

Paul P.964September 30, 2011 08:51AM

Wizard899September 30, 2011 10:47PM

Paul P.962October 02, 2011 09:27AM

Wizard918October 02, 2011 10:05AM

neogeo932October 02, 2011 01:39PM

jobe1420October 04, 2011 10:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login