Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Questions from a Newbie

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 09, 2002 08:55PM
Dennis, we have been informed recently that there is a 9 out of 10 chance that you will be told to leave when you arrive at the Bowen Ranch Gate. They have rules you know! Ah, just kiddin, I think? Anyway if you have learned about DCHS from a book or the intenet then you already have a bad mark against you, or so I've heard recently. Well thats just what some folks say. You sound like a nice person to me :-) The creek is easily crossed and low. Don't worry about those two rare incidents of that disease you mentioned. That was long ago and DCHS get lots of visitors, by invitation only of course, oh by the way, you do have an invitation, don't you ? Just kiddin about the invitation :-) I wear earplugs when I go in the hotpools since I'm prone to earaches and they keep the bad bugs out too :-) If castro is not there at the ranch then there is usually a can or something out front to put your money in, and a machine to verify that you are properly prepared for your visit to the springs. Its like a small shower, you get in and then if a green light goes on up above you then your good to go. Its quite a gautlent of checks but you will love the springs once you finally make it there. Also you can check out other open public roads around the ranch that take you near the springs if your an explorer like I am. There are maps of these things at the Deep Creek link below. Good luck and if you want to give us a report back here on the forum of how your trip went. Its always fun to hear about virgin trips to OZ :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Questions from a Newbie

Dennis 1120May 09, 2002 07:03PM

Ron 623May 09, 2002 08:14PM

Ron 584May 10, 2002 05:37PM

Wizard 649May 09, 2002 08:55PM

DCR 647May 09, 2002 09:00PM

Viejo Bill 636May 10, 2002 10:39AM

Wizard 688May 09, 2002 09:07PM

Ken 670May 10, 2002 09:29AM

Dennis 671May 11, 2002 11:34PM

Wizard 1072May 12, 2002 08:29AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login