All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 29, 2011 12:40PM
Beautiful day at the springs, as always. It was a bit gusty all day, but that kept the temperature down. All of the pools were very clear and felt wonderful. The Arizona has a lot of sand in it, I tried to hand-shovel some out but not a lot of noticeable difference. I heard stories of snakes up at Bowen, but I didn't see one all day. However, there was a VERY obnoxious spat between a boyfriend and girlfriend. It got physical between the two, but was broken up fast. On his way out , the boyfriend grabbed his girlfriends pack on the other side of the river dumped it out and lit everything on fire. My wife and I were getting ready to head out, so when we got to the other side of the river, I put it out and salvaged what I could for them. Unfortunately for the group that came with the two, the boyfriend abandoned them at the springs. I gave a ride to a couple of the guys that were with them, but the others insisted on staying there. Other than the fight, and the boyfriend, who earlier in the day raided a fellow springer's pack to no avail because he was caught by my wife, it was gorgeous. Talked with a group of 18 or 19 year old guys that were having a grand time and had a good conversation with a woman who said she had been living down there for the past eighteen days (she had a lot of other "stories" that may or may not have been true). I can't wait to go back and wash my mind of that horrible ordeal with the couple-fight. Take care and see you down at the Springs!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 06/28/2011

SpringSponge2024June 29, 2011 12:40PM

Re: Trip Report 06/28/2011

sonia1006July 05, 2011 01:54AM

Paul P.913July 05, 2011 08:37AM

juliankaye1077July 06, 2011 06:32AM

SpringSponge1384July 06, 2011 08:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login