Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 06/24/2011

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 25, 2011 02:01AM
It was a late arrival (4PM) so I can not tell what went on in the morning. The Bowen Ranch side of the creek where people cross is pretty trashed up. I talked to some
folks who mentioned a group of local teenagers who made the mess the night before including a fire pit in the Womb. I collected a supermarket bag of trash on the way to the
springs so I was somewhat hesitant to start new clean up duties considering how late it was and how tired I was. Nevertheless, I picked up some trash on the springs side and
washed ashes from the side of the Womb. That fire pit needs to be scrubbed clean otherwise retards will get some ideas and burn the fire nightly.
A good grill brush with metal bristles should do the job providing it does not loose the bristles.

On the Bowen Ranch side I collected a large trash bag of all kind of crap. After spending almost entire night on the job related call I had no energy to carry it out,
so I left it on the beach. Hopefully, somebody can pick it up. I also collected another bag which I left by the tire in the same vicinity.
BTW, somebody brought a tire to the springs. There is a blanket inside so I was not sure what to do. I left cans near the tire intact as people take cans to make $$$.
That tire also needs to go as the retards can get an idea to burn it. There is another sleeping bag with rocks over it. Is it trash or somebody is going to come back?
I was not sure. Overall, everywhere I looked I had the feeling that the trash was going to attack me. I think a clean up day is due.
I will be back in about 2-3 weeks, so please post whether the firepit in the Womb has been cleaned so I do not have to carry a brush.
I hope on my next visit I can do my usual 1 mile up and 1 mile down the stream clean up. I estimate I will need at least 10 large trash bags.

Crowd-wise - at 4PM there were about 30 people; only 3 CO. By the time I left at 7PM there were approximately 10 left.

Arizona pool had a bunch of dirt and sand and was taking water. I saw some folks fixing it. They told me that the pool is fixed now, so hopefully it's back in business once the water clears up.

I saw a small rattler in the bushes around the community tree. It came pretty close to my backpack but did not want to have anything to do with me. So it moved into the bushes as soon as I came close.
!!!Watch out where you plant your feet!!! Bear Trap I was bitten 3 weeks ago at Saline HS. It was a "dry" bite but hurt like hell after my leg got swollen up.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2011 02:42AM by Sam D..
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 06/24/2011

Sam D.1872June 25, 2011 02:01AM

Re: Trip report 06/24/2011

Wizard951June 25, 2011 09:52PM

Rick814June 25, 2011 10:04PM

coyote1441June 25, 2011 11:10PM

Wizard778June 25, 2011 10:12PM

Rick829June 25, 2011 10:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login