All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 30, 2011 07:26PM
The day started out beautiful! I arrived about 745, hiked in, saw only a few people there. Walking around the area I found it to be trashed with beer cans. There was a guy who was trekking PCT from San Diego back to his home in Washington. I spoke to him and he said there was a group of teens (15-16yo) who were there the night before who trashed the area. The area got cleaned up before long and I continued my trip up creek.

After a short hike up to the gorge, I crossed and continued up. Saw some of the tadpoles from the protected frog that inhabits the area. After watching them a moment, I started back. By the time I got back it was 1030. There were about two dozen people there, another wonderful couple who were making their way up the PCT, they were one of the very few naturals that were there.
By the time I left, there must have been over 50 people there, families with kids spread all over the creek and pools. There was only one other group of naturals and they had moved up creek while I was departing. All total, there were maybe 10 naturals all day to 50+ textiles. Just what I expected for Memorial Day.

It was a beautiful day, about 78 degrees out and the creek was cold, but comfortable. I had made it into only the anniversary pool once, but spent some time trying to shore up the Arizona pool... it seems the sand bags have openings to the creek, the level was very low. All my efforts could not get the pool back in shape, I just didn't have the right equipment with me.

On my initial walk out, there were seven horses that showed up, what a site! I got to watch them descend the final hill down to the beach. Beautiful animals.
The roads in are slowly changing too, the traffic is taking its tole on the washboard. One of the water crossings is now dry and the other is just a lite trickle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 07:27PM by Johnny.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Memorial Day trip

Johnny2163May 30, 2011 07:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login