Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 4-17-11

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2011 09:49AM
I arrived at the Freedom trail head about noon. As I drove to the trail head I noticed the Bowen ranch parking lot appeared to be full. When I got to the trail head parking lot there were 7 cars/trucks there. So I expected a large crowd when I got to the springs, there were 50-70 people there through out the evening. Mostly college aged suburbanites about 1/3 were nude. Also there were several regulars.
As I approached the Anniversary pool there were several guys attempting to make the shower work, unsuccessfully. So I guaranteed them if they quit I would make the shower work for them. I went to my equipment hiding spot and got my shower hoses out. After several different combinations we got the shower working as good as it ever has. After several beautiful women took their turn I finally got mine and it is terrific,wonderful,fantastic and several such adjectives. Most of the rest of the day many persons were waiting in line to get into this great resource.
The water level in the creek has declined another several inches , it is about 14-16 inches below the Serenity pool now. The temperature there is near 60 degrees.
The Arizona pool has been shored up by someone and was crowded most of the time. Because only about 5 persons is all it can hold with the sandbags the way they are. The old pool there still had water flowing over it. About 8-10 inches over the top of the rock dam there.
The Womb pool was great except, I found 2 glass beer bottles on it's bottom. Which I promptly disposed of.
The Serenity pool and Crab cooker pools were in good shape too.
I was unable to find very much trash for my trash bag, THANKS too everyone for their help in making Deep creek so trash free.
Every one I encountered were happy to be at this terrific resource in the San Bernadino National Forest, self included.
I met several persons who had not brought enough sun block and were suffering the consequences. Another family I met had not brought enough water to drink. They were surprised to learn they could and did fill up their water bottles from the source springs.
Happy TAX day to everyone ;~)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 4-17-11

jobe1725April 18, 2011 09:49AM

Re: Trip Report 4-17-11

coyote1453April 20, 2011 02:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login