All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 16, 2011 09:04AM
Hello everyone I am new to this site and just recently went to DC for my first time and it was a lot of fun and very relaxing. While I was out there a nice couple told me about this site and I thought I would check it out and put up a trip report. Well I found out about DC on truenudist.com when I was looking for places in my area and decided on April 14th that I would head out there to check it out. I probably should have done a little more research lol because the route I took to get out there was definitely not the normal route to say the least. I got off the 15 at Bear Valley and took that cottonwood then to Main Street and that took me to Rocksprings road and instead of going to roundup my GPS took me right on Deep Creek road for a nice drive through the desert to what can only be described as a 4X4 trail lol it was only wide enough for one vehicle had had some very steep inclines. Luckily I have a truck but it is not a 4X4 and there were some hills I really had to get up some momentum just to make it to the top. It was an interesting and challenging drive but I would have much rather taken Bowen Ranch road. I got to the parking lot and couldn’t believe that there were cars that made it up that road (still not knowing about the easy way) it was about 10:30AM and 58 degrees. There was a group of college age kids hanging out in the parking lot waiting on more friends and we exchanged greetings and I started on my hike. It was a little chilly at first but about 10 minutes into the hike I warmed up enough and was very comfortable. The hike was very refreshing and the views were amazing. There were a couple people I could see in the distance ahead of me on the trail and I caught up with them and the beach crossing. Once I got there I changed into some swim trunks, put on some sun block, grabbed a water and towel and walked across the extremely ice cold water. The guys that were ahead of me on the trail were trying to build up courage to cross and eventually did. Once I made it across I decided to have a little look around and passed the first pool said hello to the group in the second pool as I passed then up to the third pool. The third pool was empty and as it was only my second time going nude in public I thought it more appropriate to relax alone for a while. I removed my shorts and slowly got into the hot tub and it was a little warm but very relaxing. After 20 to 30 minutes in there I decided to that it was time for me to stop being shy and really explore my new found appreciation (and self-acceptance) of being a nudist and left my shorts and towel being as I went up a little further to explore the area a little more. As I walked around I said hello to a couple people that I saw and with a friendly smile I kept exploring. After walking around enjoying the freedom and feeling closer to nature then I ever have before I went back to the third tub to relax a little more. This is where I met the very nice couple that told me about this site (if you are reading this thank you and I hope to see you out there again soon) they joined me in the third tub and we talked and relaxed for a while. Every now and then the random passersby would wade though and say hello. There were a few textile guys that never went higher than the second pool but they were also pretty friendly. There were probably 10 to 15 people there and the three boys were the only textile ones there until later on that day. After the couple I was talking with decided to go for a hike and then head out I decided to venture out a little further and saw a few more people. I walked down the sand and found a nice shady place to lie down and relax for a quick nap. I woke up a little Hungary and realized that I had to go back across the cold water to get my snack. I put my shorts back on and as I started heading towards the pools again I met a very nice cheerful women in need of some sun block and asked if I had any. I gladly told her that I would bring mine back over as I was heading to get snack anyways and could use some more myself. Now as I am sure all of you know how cold the water can get going through once is tough but going across and then right back without warming up might be a little much and I might rethink it next time lol. This is about the time that the college age group got to the beach and started crossing (I think it took about an hour for all of them to build up the courage to cross but eventually they all did and started drinking and enjoying themselves and the first 2 pools) once I got back with the sun block the group of girls needed it all smiled and were very thankful. I stayed and talked with them for a while and one of them it was her first time there and another was her second and they were really enjoying themselves too. After they went for a walk I relaxed at the fourth pool and laid out on the hill in the sun to warm back up. But this time it was probably around 2:00-3:00 and I wanted to make sure I got out of there before it got dark so I put my shorts back on gathered my things and made one last crossing of the creek. I dried off and changed back into my clothes gathered all of my things and did one last check to make sure I didn’t leave any trash behind (I was happy to see how clean the place was kept, I only saw one beer can and packed that out with me). No I had read how the hike out was a little bit of a tough one and I may not be a professional runner but I liked to think that I was in decent shape…I thought differently about 20 minutes into the hike out lol. I really don’t remember it being that steep on the way in but it definitely kicked my butt on the way out but I powered though and was happy to see my truck at the top. I packed my things check the area for trash and just happened to look at the map that I got on the way in and noticed the route out was not the way I had come in. I decided to follow the map and to my surprise it was a nice wide dirt road that was nice and flat all the way out…I know how I will get there next time for sure.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone I met while I was out there and if you are reading this and remember meeting the really pasty white guy that just got back from Iraq lol then say hello and maybe we can meet up again out there.

Until next time,
Ryan
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

4-14 report...well more of a story from a first time visitor

Ryan Natural2193April 16, 2011 09:04AM

Re: 4-14 report...well more of a story from a first time visitor

Madrox1025April 16, 2011 12:03PM

Paul P.965April 16, 2011 05:24PM

Ryan Natural1029April 17, 2011 07:43AM

Johnny1482April 19, 2011 04:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login