All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 11, 2011 10:53AM
It was 1:30 pm when I arrived near the trail head to the Freedom trail. I could see 5 cars/trucks at the Bowen ranch parking lot and 2 cars at the Freedom trail head. The weather was picture perfect at @ 70 degress with a light breeze. As I got near the trail head an old friend pulled into the parking lot. She and I hiked to the springs together with her 18 year old daughter. We had many good conversations about the situations around current events. It is alway good to see and hear from old friends.
When we got to the springs it did not seem like a week end because there was only about 25 people there.
The Creek was @ 12-14 inches below the Serenity pool. The tempurature of the creek was in the mid to upper 50's. I am 6 foot 2 inches tall and the water height was just above my nipples when I crossed. It is still swift enough to push against a smaller person as I had to help my friends daughter from being swept off her feet.
All the pools are in about the same condition as before. I was unable to find any trash to carry out. Because all the regular volunteers are doing such a good job. Thanks to everyone !
Everyone I saw and talked to were happy to be there and was having a very good time. Another EXCELLENT day to be at Deep Creek Hot Springs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 4-10-11

jobe1752April 11, 2011 10:53AM

Re: Trip report 4-10-11

Madrox1477April 12, 2011 10:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login