Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

March 13

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 14, 2011 08:08PM
I hiked in early Sunday on the Bradford Ridge Trail. I arrived at the springs at about 8:00 AM. There were a few folks already at the springs; most on the beach, but a couple was soaking in the Womb. It was a very comfortable, clear morning and very nice to be at the springs. I also took a brief stroll up canyon to enjoy the view.

As the morning passed, some of the others joined in soaking and 2 hikers arrived on the Bowen Ranch trail. They crossed the creek without trouble. The water is chilly, but not too high. Several of the group enjoyed jumping in from the rocks. The group was a mix of C/O and suited and probably numbered about 10 to 12

I started the hike out at around 10:30 and immediately passed two couples hiking in, one on the PCT and one on the ridge. About half way to 173, I also met a Forest Ranger hiking in. He mentioned there were several rangers hiking the trails in Deep Creek that day. He also said that the dirt portion of 173 was to be closed today (Monday). The upper (eastern) part of the closure will be just west of the Bradford Ridge trail head. In other words you can still access the Bradford Ridge trail parking area along 173 from Twin Peaks and Lake Arrowhead, but not from the west.

As I continued my hike back to the parking lot I passed at least 3 more couples hiking in….must have been very busy at the springs later in the day.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

March 13

hiker1675March 14, 2011 08:08PM

Re: March 13

Mr_Wayne1552March 15, 2011 06:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login