Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Progress Report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 20, 2011 11:23AM
I will tell about the repairs made to the anniversary pool yesterday here and make a trip report also.
Yesterday 3-19-11 I arrived at the Freedom trail head at just before 5:00 am. It was raining and the road was slippery in places but the mud puddles were not full. So I assume the rain had just started. I know that Deep creek is a day use area so I went for a hike up a canyon I had not hiked before to see what I would find while the sun was coming up. I found beauty, peace and serenity as I prayed to the Lord @ all that was on my mind.
As the sun was coming up the winds increased then stopped and the rain stopped as I reached the hot springs. There was 1 tent and another group of campers nearby the springs when I got there. One guy a hot spring regular was in the Anniversary pool so I joined him and explained my plans too fix the Anniversary pool. He was glad to see me and hear about the repairs even eager to help. As time went on I got out my cement, shovel, buckets and other tools for the repair work. As I did this some of the other campers came over asking how could they help. They fed me breakfast which made me sleepy. So I told them I was going to take a nap then I would start helping to repair the pool. This was 9:00 am I slept till 10:30. When I awoke I found they had already fixed most of the pool. They had 2 layers of rocks across the entire pool breach. I was surprised they had done so much so quickly. Also, other hot spring regulars had arrived and helped too. To many people to mention here but, THANK YOU to all who helped in this labor of love. They also did some things I would not have done or allowed had I been there. Such as some one made seats out of cement on the bottom of the pool. They also put their initials and hearts and a peace sign. I said and did nothing about what I was thinking but just held my tongue and thanked everyone involved.
As the day went forward many people arrived and some one always watched the pool to keep anyone from disturbing the repairs.
The creek level was about 5-6 inches below the serenity pool it has warmed up to @ I am guessing to the mid 40's. Time will tell how this new weather system will effect the creek level and temperature.
Before the repairs were made we diverted all of the water into the Womb pool. The temperature there was probably 101 or 102 degrees. All of the sand has been removed from there and it is over 7 feet deep. Clean, clear and pristine. Except, I found 2 beer bottles some glow lights and other trash on the bottom of the pool which I removed.
The Serenity pool was filled with soakers most of the time. It is just over 2 feet deep and I guess about 104-106 degrees. Understandably very popular and NICE.
The Crab cooker was about the same as it always is, 114 degrees and some one removed almost all of the sand from there. This made it deeper than it was last time I was there.
The Arizona pool was under water still. Some one has put long sand bags across the front part of the springs. This makes for a nice good pool to sit in IF you have a beer and a woman to share it with. Which some one was most of the day. The temp there is @ 107-108 degrees. It is @ 1 & 1/2 feet deep and 8 feet across.
At noon as I was reading my bible on the beach, I looked up at mofo hill and saw 4 cows grazing and mating up there. They were up there for @ 1/2 hour then slowly moved on. This made me ponder how these cows would or could effect the springs environment ?
The sun shined through most of the day with an occasional cloud drifting by making for another terrific day to be at Deep creek.
ENJOY !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Progress Report

jobe2017February 14, 2011 05:57AM

Paul P.1087February 14, 2011 03:49PM

Sam D.1253February 14, 2011 05:40PM

jobe926February 15, 2011 11:15AM

jobe930February 17, 2011 11:21AM

jobe893March 20, 2011 11:23AM

jobe1036March 20, 2011 02:35PM

nataRa2256March 20, 2011 05:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login