All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 26, 2011 06:56AM
When I was young and naive I considered becoming a county deputy sheriff. I did this because my good friend Eddie Regan's father was a county deputy sheriff and he wanted to be one too. He was on what was called the Junior Deputy Patrol Squad. That is he went on patrol sometimes with his fathers friends.
He invited me to go along with him once, so I did. We caught a guy we thought was a burglar. It turned out he was peeping into Juanita Jaurez's window. Jaunita was a cheer leader at our High school. I never realized how pretty she was until that night.
Later, I discussed being a county deputy patrol officer with my mother. My mother told me this : "Anyone who wanted to make a career being cop had to have a nut lose. And just like in nature some had bigger nuts than others."
Later, Eddie became a cop. Only to take a bullet in the heart from a dopey African American criminal.
I tell this story because Mr. Nelson resembled my friend Eddie Regan. So every time I saw him I had flash backs to a time that will always be with me.
Once, Mr. Nelson stopped me when I was going home on Bowen ranch rd. He said "I was speeding." It just so happened I had the California Highway Drivers handbook sitting on the seat next to me. I turned to where it explained speed limits on unimproved roads when no speed limit is posted. The handbook said that the driver IS allowed to drive at a speed the driver deems to be safe. I showed this to Mr. Nelson. I told him I had a decade of experience being safe on this road. Then asked him if he was going to follow California law or just make some B.S. law up.
He kept his best poker face smile on got into his car and left.
A few weeks later he pulled me over and tried to tell me I should have used my left turn blinker on when I made a 90 degree turn in the road in front of the Rock Springs ranch. I asked him when was the last time he had his eyes checked ? He kept his best poker face on as he got into his car to leave. I told him to give me a ticket so I could have him Drug tested. The only conclusion I could come too was he was doing some of the drugs I heard about him confiscating. Otherwise like my Mom told me, He had a nut lose. Maybe both ? !
After that he would follow me in my truck as I went home or left home. Which can make one paranoid. That is if you are engaged in criminal activities.
I hope you find this story entertaining ;~)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Chief Ranger Nelson

Steamboat2291January 16, 2011 07:49PM

Re: Chief Ranger Nelson

LaughingBear1171January 16, 2011 08:19PM

Wizard1130January 16, 2011 09:44PM

Steamboat1494January 17, 2011 07:32AM

Paul P.1080January 17, 2011 08:25AM

LaughingBear1372January 17, 2011 09:04AM

LaughingBear1010January 25, 2011 12:05PM

Steamboat1015January 25, 2011 04:55PM

Wizard1086January 25, 2011 09:07PM

jobe1000January 26, 2011 06:56AM

LaughingBear1040January 26, 2011 04:40PM

LaughingBear1850January 26, 2011 05:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login