Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Photos of D.C.H.S. after the flood

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 27, 2010 09:14PM
Madrox, you can see what Deep Creek flooding looks like " flowing over the Anniversary pool " in a flooding event essentially identical to this latest one by going to my pics at the Wizard's pictures link below, go to page 13, then photo 7 and 11 on that page show flood waters covering the Aniversary Pool. Look for the bare small tree sticking out of the flood waters near shore. That small tree is the Willow tree which stands right next to the Aniversary Pool. The photos on page 13 will show you what the higher flood waters look like at DCHS.

Very good group of photos there Jobe! You covered everything I was wanting to see. The heavy metal " no camping " sign has disappeared again. Most likely just falling over and is under the sand again. In regards to the Arizona Pool, I do see in your photo five in the flood waters a large disturbance in the creek where the large boulder normally is on the creekside of that pool. Looks to me like it may not be gone after all. Like the big flood in winter of 2005 the Arizona Pool will probably be completely scoured clean, which will expose all of its many leaks.

Looks like lots of new sand for the large beach area by the signs. That will be real nice once things warm up. I'm wondering just how hammered the Bowen Ranch Rd is. It surely took a beating during all of that rain. More precip coming for late tomorrow night into Wednsday but just a quick colder storm this time around. I'll be posting a number of photos of the flooding around the Apple Valley area pretty soon at Wizard's pictures.

Thanks for posting your photos Jobe :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Photos of D.C.H.S. after the flood

jobe2480December 26, 2010 02:49PM

milehi1259December 26, 2010 09:06PM

Paul P.1072December 26, 2010 09:15PM

jobe1141December 27, 2010 08:53AM

Paul P.942December 27, 2010 01:51PM

Madrox1054December 27, 2010 01:57PM

Wizard1147December 27, 2010 09:14PM

jobe984December 28, 2010 10:48AM

jobe1185December 28, 2010 11:30AM

Paul P.1792December 28, 2010 11:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login