Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Dec 3

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 04, 2010 12:43AM
I hiked in Friday morning along the Bradford Ridge Trail. There was snow on the ground in Twin Peaks, and it was a little windy at the trail head, but actually it was very pleasant once I got hiking. I saw no one hiking in and reached the springs a little after 9. A camper was soaking in the Anniversary Pool, but he soon left for upsteam. I had the springs all to myself for 20 minutes or so. There was a tent under the trees near the Arizona Pool and a couple stirred around 9:30 or so and soaked for a while. They were very pleasant; the young man had never been to the springs before, and the young woman had first visited about 3 weeks ago, but she said that now she visits every day she is not working! I would call her a “new regular.” Before long a “long time” regular arrived from the Freedom Trail, and shortly thereafter another couple (first time visitors) arrived hiking down from Bowen Ranch. They were also very happy to be at the springs and seemed to enjoy the place and get in the hot spring spirit. They will be back. I would call them “future” regulars. This group of hot springers hung out in the Womb, told lame jokes and just had fun in the late morning and early afternoon.

Another couple, regulars from last winter, but who must have avoided the summer crowds, hiked in from Bradford Ridge and sunned upstream. They came down to soak as I was leaving. In all no more than 10 folks were at the springs during my visit. Some were nude or top free, some were not, but a very nice group.

The weather was perfect, comfortable to be in or out of the hot springs and very little wind. The creek is cold, but not very high. Crossing from the Bowen side is still easy at about knee high. Most of the trees have lost most of their leaves and the colors have definitely faded.

I left around 1:30 and the hike out was just great. No one was on the trail but me and it was very peaceful and quiet. I just took my time and enjoyed a little freedom.

I think Saturday will be a busy day. I heard there is a big hiking group coming up from San Diego…. That’s just great, more future regulars.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dec 3

hiker2134December 04, 2010 12:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login