Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (91% of Full)

Advanced

BLM Seeks Public Comment on Draft Abandoned Mine Lands Environmental Assessment

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 28, 2010 03:40PM
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) California Desert District Office (CDD) has released a Draft Abandoned Mine Lands (AML) Remediation and Closure Process Programmatic Environmental Assessment for public review and comment.

The purpose of the AML remediation and closure program is to:

• Establish a comprehensive process for remediation and closure of AML features presenting public health and safety concerns;
• Determine the appropriate site-specific remediation and closure techniques for each AML feature;
• Address previously identified public safety hazards associated with AML features; and
• Ensure that proposed remediation and closure techniques are implemented in such away as to minimize potential environmental and cultural resource impacts.

The increased incidence of injuries and deaths associated with abandoned mines results in an increased need for the BLM to address closure and remediation of these features on public lands.

The public comment period closes on November 23, 2010. Public comments generated by the scoping process will be incorporated into the draft EA. A final decision on the proposed action will occur after review of all public comments.

The draft EA is available for review at any BLM Desert District field office and on-line at: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/cdd/abandonedmineland.html

Comments will be accepted through November 23, 2010 by: 1) mail - ATTN: Sterling White, 22835 Calle San Juan De Los Lagos, Moreno Valley, CA 92553; 2) FAX - (951) 697-5299; or 3) e-mail: sterling_white@blm.gov.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BLM Seeks Public Comment on Draft Abandoned Mine Lands Environmental Assessment

Rick2054October 28, 2010 03:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login