Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Questions for Katrina

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 08, 2002 09:18PM
Tanya, The issue of whether the Moss Mill Road, or any access will be allowed again in the future is entirely up to a legal process. Katrina will not be able to make the courts open those roads just because she wants to. People have expressed here at the DCHS forum a number of times that Katrina will not prevail in here efforts to have the access road accross that land open again. If she is truly wrong then nothing will happen. It seems to me at times the people saying she is wrong must have some doubt about thier position, otherwise, why would they spend so much time making a fuss over that point. I don't think Katrina was ever interested in buying property up there, even if she had the money. She has pursued her course because it is her beleif that this access route to DCHS was wrongly closed. If it was not legal to close this road then this wrong deed should be corrected. It also seems to me at times that the people who oppose this access being opened are merely trying to talk Katrina out of pursueing her course which might cause nothing to happen on this issue since no one is out there looking for the truth behind how this access was closed. Again I say, if Katrina is on a wild goose chase then she is wasting only her time and nothing will happen. This is one point of contention that clearly should be let go until a legal forum decides to change something. Tanya, you also express the sentiment that seems to imply that if this website would just go away and Katrina would stop stirring things up then peace and bliss would reign at the springs :-) You state something like " lets keep the springs the way they are ". Well I would like for that to happen but that is not reality. We live in a growing country, with lots and lots of more people every year. They want to explore thier surroundings just as you did when you first visited DCHS for the first time. These same people will share thier life experience in a whole host of ways, talking, phone, letters, internet, books. All these communication tools are legal and people will use them. For an example if the first people who came here to the Victor Valley decided that they weren't going to tell anybody about it do you think it would have looked any differant than it does today. Do you really think that there would still be only those handful of original people. Of course not. It is the same for DCHS. The amount of visitors will grow as the years go by and this is a sure fact. Pressure on the springs will increase and policies will have to be implemented to keep the area from being over run and ruined. Thats the only way it will be protected as we move from the present on into the future. I am not expressing here the pace at which these changes will occur. If your seeking to find something to blame for the negative realities that have occured at these springs we love then you will find the answeres in studying the way or country has grown and how our socitety works. This same problem of special place being pressured by excessive visitation is happening all over our country, and around the world for that matter. You have purchased a peice of property in close proximity to DCHS and I know you enjoy very much your visits to the springs. I would say however that a person who has traveled a long distance to come and enjoy them too, has just as much right to spend time there as you do. It seems to me that you are upset that the regular springs folks are not just letting things be, so DCHS can be sort of like a private club for the enjoyment of a special group of people. Don't invite the outsiders is the sentiment I hear. Well I would point out that people will come and people will talk, and its all, out of your hands. Now there are some of us here who love the springs also and we are making an attempt to get together to do some good things for the springs. I know you may not want to join our group so maybe you and your friends could develop a group to do similar things. OZ needs all the help it can get and the more the merrier in regards to doing good deeds at the springs. The pressures on the springs will increase and policy changes will occur. In the meantime we can do things to help make things better down there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Questions for Katrina

Bruce Johnson 1224May 03, 2002 11:25PM

Paul P. 706May 04, 2002 12:27AM

Naked Man 687May 04, 2002 07:38AM

Ron 660May 04, 2002 09:03AM

Rick 717May 07, 2002 12:45AM

Ron 710May 07, 2002 09:34AM

More Answers to Questions

katrina island 1452May 05, 2002 02:45PM

Wizard 733May 04, 2002 09:11AM

DCR 764May 07, 2002 05:58PM

Tanya Ryan 807May 10, 2002 10:54PM

DCR 679May 08, 2002 07:40PM

Wizard 805May 08, 2002 09:18PM

Wizard 744May 09, 2002 07:57PM

Ron 665May 10, 2002 07:37PM

Wizard 735May 10, 2002 08:44PM

Wizard 1339May 11, 2002 09:29AM

Responses to Questions

katrina island 661May 05, 2002 02:31PM

Re: Responses to Questions

Tanya Ryan 664May 08, 2002 12:52PM

katrina island 710May 08, 2002 06:39PM

Tanya Ryan 688May 09, 2002 06:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login