Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

9/7 trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 07, 2010 08:13PM
I had a lovely day at the springs. I got there at 9ish with plastic bags in hand ready to tackle a long weekend mess. Much to my delight a beautiful man (yes I did look with admiration) had gotten there early and cleaned up the garbage. He was finishing up on the pools, scrubbing, shoveling dirt out and all around maintenance. He was kind enough to explain what he was doing and why. Including checking and filling some sandbags for water flow. That early there was myself and 6 men, two who had camped the night. I enjoyed the Anniversary Pool, more so because of the history post! A large group of men, women and children came down who had camped at Bowens. It was a lovely group. A group of young Japanese men showed up. A small fright was one of them slipped on moss when he was jumping of the big rock. He bounced down the rocks. I am sure he will hurt tomorrow but he seemed ok. I took what I hope to be some nice pictures of fauna and flora. I was just starting to walk out around 12 when I came upon a group of my sisters employees. They heard me talking to my sister last week and had to see what I was so excited about I returned to show them the pools. My main motive was to make sure they had a respect for a place I am very quickly come to love very much. The down side to that was I did not bring a bathing suit with me so I went soaking in my clothes. Not nearly as enjoyable! I left around 2. I met two sets of couples walking down. They both asked how much further they had to walk. I just hope they had enough water. There was a breeze but it is still fairly hot. Driving down Bowens Ranch a very skinny black lab with a red collar was following the car in front of me. I stopped and the poor thing was starving. He is very friendly but timid. I don't think he is a year old yet I also don't think he was abandoned because of the collar. I think he might of chased the scent of a female and got lost. I will take him to the pound tomorrow to see if he has a chip. I am not sure what I will do after that. At the moment he is fed and seems rather content. Once again...just a lovely day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2010 08:17PM by hipockets.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

9/7 trip report

hipockets1748September 07, 2010 08:13PM

Re: 9/7 trip report

mellowguy896September 07, 2010 08:17PM

Paul P.889September 07, 2010 09:04PM

hipockets909September 07, 2010 09:27PM

Rudedog1493September 07, 2010 10:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login