Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: history lesson

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 06, 2010 11:51AM
Back in the early 90's Wizard and several others started calling what I called the main or big pool the womb. That is what I remember from back then.
The Arizona pool which I started by moving and cementing three large boulder which are still there. A guy from Arizona known as Arizona Mike worked on it much more than I or others had time too. So everyone called it after him because that was where he stayed most of the time. Incidentally it is also closer to that state. That was back in the late 80's.
The Anniversary pool was started by a family, I will not name, because they still live in the area. He had come to the springs with his son. She had come to the springs with her 2 children and they hooked up and got married and had 9 more children. For a total of 12 children. It was shortly after Thanksgiving when they had their 25 th wedding Anniversary and came too the springs to celebrate. I had happened to have been camping at the Bowen ranch for @ 2 weeks when they appeared. I had been cleaning up the Thanksgiving mess at the springs. The older sons and dad asked me where they could build another pool. So I showed them how if they built a wall right across where the wall is,,, I helped them get started. They got the younger children finding rocks and mixing cement. A labor of love for this special and beautiful area. So we called it after their wonderful anniversary, may they have many more :~)
Glad to help !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

history lesson

neogeo1616September 06, 2010 10:06AM

jobe1129September 06, 2010 11:51AM

Redtail883September 06, 2010 03:40PM

Wizard1529September 06, 2010 08:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login