Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)

Advanced

Aug. 11th trip

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 11, 2010 10:28PM
Started hiking in at Bowman Ranch at about 11:30. I saw a couple of cars, so I assumed the springs would not be crowded. According to the car's thermometer, the temp. was about 85 degrees and the breeze was blowing, so it was perfect for hiking. I got to the springs at about 12:00 (I jogged) and passed a group of three older women on the way threre, probably in their 40's and 50's. When I got there I saw about 9 people in and around the springs. The water to cross the river was very pleasent. There was a big black trash bag on the east side of the river which was about half full. The trash situation was not bad at all. I did notice some new red graffitti on some rocks just going upstream from the springs. IT DID NOT LOOK PRETTY AT ALL!! sad smiley After about an hour, more people started to arrive. At one point there was 23 people at the springs. All textile except for 4 of us. At this time there was also a group of 3 men and a woman with three dogs. Two small ones and a large one. The dogs enjoyed themselves in the water along with everyone else. Later in the afternoon, the big dog laid a dump less than a foot away from the water at the east side of the beach. Luckily the owner managed to find a plastic cup to scoop the poop in since they had no bags. THANK YOU LADY!! smiling smiley I did not see what she did with the cup since I did not see them leave. Hopefully she carried it out.

I spent some time in the womb, but the river water was to niceto pass by, so I spent most of my time there. At about 2:30, a group of four young men, probably in high school or college, arrived with fishing rods. They were a little loud, but not much of a bother. They stuck around for a while then moved downstream to fish. At about 3:00, a couple arrived that I had seen before in one of my trips to the springs. They were naturists and as you would expect, very easy going and easy to talk to. I left at 3:30 and there were still about 12 people at the springs. Overall it was another great day at the springs. So great that I will be going back again next week.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aug. 11th trip

phd1840August 11, 2010 10:28PM

Re: Aug. 11th trip

deepcreekvip1023August 12, 2010 08:55PM

Re: Aug. 11th trip

Paul P.1508August 13, 2010 03:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login