All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 14, 2010 09:07AM
I arrived at the Bowen ranch parking lot at 10:30am on Saturday 6/12. Bowen Ranch road was in good shape, I drive a Saturn station wagon that sits low to the ground and I had no issues getting to the ranch parking lot. I saw maybe 2 or 3 camp sites set up at the ranch and there were another 3 cars in the parking area. A group of 3 guys were just starting down the trail when I parked my car. The sun was out, the temp. was about 68 degrees and there was a little bit of wind. After getting out of my clothes I grabbed my small back pack and headed down the trail. On my hike down I wore my Rainbow sandals and on my hike back out later that day I was able to hike barefoot all the way back up to the parking lot. Soon the ground will be too hot to hike barefoot so I am taking advantage of it while I can.
I did not meet anyone on the trail to the springs until I stopped at the top of Mo-Fo hill, where I had to send out a few text messages from my phone before dropping down into the canyon. While I was stopped 2 gentlemen passed me on their way to the springs. I did not see or hear any snakes on this trip. When I arrived at the springs there were about 15 or so high school aged kids on both sides of the creek. I was the only non-textile person in sight at that time.
I crossed the creek, the water was just above my waist. I walked around the rocks and found a spot under the trees by the anniversary pool. There were maybe 4 or 5 people in the anniversary pool and in the womb, no one was in the Arizona pool. I soaked in the Arizona pool then took a nap under the trees. When I woke up most of the high school kids were still there and maybe a few more had arrived. Maybe 3 or 4 adults also arrived while I was napping, I think there were only 2 or 3 of us that were nude, everyone else was textile. I was really surprised how few people were at the springs for a Saturday, some of the other people I spoke with were equally amazed. The number of people never really got over 30 or 40. Before my work schedule change I normally would not go on a weekend but now I don’t have much of a choice. I stayed up by the trees and laid out in the sun for most of the day, I was able to swim in the creek a couple of times, the water was very refreshing but not too cold. After my swims I would soak in the Arizona pool for a little while. The air temperature never really got above 80 degrees, it was very comfortable. I did not notice a lot of trash but because there were not very many of us non-textile soakers I did not make my usual rounds looking for trash. It was a pretty mellow group at the springs, not overly loud.
I stayed at the springs until 4pm then hiked out. I passed a few people on their way down, I was for-warned that one group had some children with them so I put my shorts on until after we passed each other then I was able to hike the rest of the way out sans clothing. It was a great day at the springs, except for abundance of textiles sad smiley but even with that, I am looking forward to returning soon.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report, Sat. 6/12

lbcalrr1692June 14, 2010 09:07AM

Re: Trip report, Sat. 6/12

Paul P.947June 14, 2010 12:29PM

lbcalrr907June 15, 2010 04:10AM

Paul P.1669June 15, 2010 12:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login