Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

County Supervisor Postmus

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 30, 2002 12:47PM
County Supervisor Postmus supports recreational use of public lands and was instrumental in passing the county resolution asserting RS2477, the county's right to assert access rights on roads existing prior to 1976.

Bill Postmus needs to hear from the public concerning their views on how the public lands should be managed in the future.

Remember last week I mentioned that the BLM had difficulties receiving a dump pass from the county for their earthday cleanup? The free dump passes were pulled by the county as a way to gain some leverage with the BLM over their mismanagement of public lands.

When the BLM requested the dump passes, the county supervisor's office brought up that they wanted Moss Mill Road opened in exchange. There have been many discussions since then between the county and the BLM concerning Moss Mill Road.

Yesterday in the Daily Press, Postmus is being criticized for his stance. A link to the article follows:

http://www.vvdailypress.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1020096468,51787,http:// Please contact the supervisor's office and communicate your viewpoints. Bill Postmus, County Supervisor Bob Smith, Field Representative 14011 Park Avenue, Suite 430 Victorville, CA 92392 Office (760) 843-2760 Fax (760) 843-2768 email: I am not telling you what to think, however, whatever your views, please express them. I am in favor of reasonable use of public lands. I am concerned about the extreme views by some of the environmentalists who would have some land banned from any human use. Please contact the supervisor's office and communicate your viewpoints. Bill Postmus, County Supervisor Bob Smith, Field Representative 14011 Park Avenue, Suite 430 Victorville, CA 92392 Office (760) 843-2760 Fax (760) 843-2768 email: I am not telling you what to think, however, whatever your views, please express them. I am in favor of reasonable use of public lands. I am concerned about the extreme views by some of the environmentalists who would have some land banned from any human use.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

County Supervisor Postmus

katrina island 1472April 30, 2002 12:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login