All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 16, 2010 09:52PM
I was hiking in Fairview Mountains in the northeastern edge of Apple Valley Friday and I came across two more rattlesnakes. One startled me as it began rattling about 4 feet away from me in a crevice. About 25 minutes later I actually stepped right over a big rattlesnake that was laying in a crevice of two rocks. I only saw it directly below me at the last minute. My three dogs went right over it too and the snake never moved or rattled. Maybe it was sleeping or it didn't feel threatened. The rattlesnakes in those mountains are brownish and blend amazingly well with the rock terrain up there. Just shows how you can still miss seeing them, even when trying to be real careful. I guess I'll have to slow down a bit on my hiking pace to give me more time to look around. On the same hike a bit later I came across a Chuckawalla ( big black lizard ) and then on the way back when I got near my vehicle I found a Desert Tortoise. Alot of wild things out and about with the warmer weather and lots of spring vegetation for things to eat :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TRIP REPORT: Sat. May 14th

tattoo chris1792May 16, 2010 05:12PM

Re: TRIP REPORT: Sat. May 14th

Rick1008May 16, 2010 05:14PM

tattoo chris1119May 16, 2010 05:14PM

Wizard992May 16, 2010 09:52PM

Rivernude1492May 19, 2010 10:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login