Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Camping Sites Near DCHS (Where and How?)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 19, 2010 10:52PM
I can't speak for the Freedom Trail, other than hearing what Jobe and a few others have said. However, I camped many times in 2009 at Bowen Ranch without a problem. I'm not from the area, so I don't know the whole story, but it seems that most folks either like Mike or they don't. Personally, I never had a single problem with him, and he was polite and courteous to me every time I was there. I can tell you that I've arrived at the ranch nude, checked in while nude, visited with Mike while nude, camped and visited with other campers nude, and hiked many miles and times to and from the ranch nude. I drive a rag-top Jeep, and never had any indication of anyone messing with my vehicle, my tent, or any of my gear while I was hiking. Helicopters regularly patrol the canyon,although I'm not certain if they're sheriff's department, USFS, or what. They've seen me and several other people nude at the springs and on the trail, with no reaction. One flew up the canyon past me at only about 30 yards away, at nearly eye-level while I was hiking nude back to Bowen Ranch with no apparent reaction. I've seen rangers run campers out of the creek area, while most of the crowd was nude, again, no reaction. I've met people up and down the Bowen Ranch/DCHS trail and the PCT while hiking nude, with no problems. The way I see it, if I can drive nude to a place, get out and pay $10/night and register while nude, spend all the time I like camping, hiking, and swimming nude, and feel pretty safe about my vehicle, it's not a bad deal. There's not much in the line of amenities, and the road's a bit rough if you've got a city-car, but take it easy and you can make it. Plus, there are usually several friendly people around to help you, if you should get stuck. One word of warning: wherever you park, take plenty of water in, and bring your trash out!!

Jim
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Camping Sites Near DCHS (Where and How?)

omegared1877May 10, 2010 06:59PM

rrr50501336May 10, 2010 09:08PM

jobe1121May 11, 2010 09:10AM

tattoo chris1011May 12, 2010 12:06AM

rrr50501005May 12, 2010 08:13AM

DesertHiker420972May 12, 2010 08:31AM

jobe991May 12, 2010 11:44AM

coyote836May 15, 2010 12:52PM

stoney1822May 15, 2010 11:47PM

Paul P.2785May 17, 2010 11:19AM

Rivernude1273May 19, 2010 10:52PM

Paul P.1224May 20, 2010 11:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login