Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Friday, May 7

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 07, 2010 09:26PM
Well I will just say that it was an epic day down at the springs. A day like I haven't had there in some years. I feel very blessed, for my friend's first trip was so great. We arrived at the Bowen Ranch around 9 am, beautiful blue skies as usual, day already warming up. Hike down was easy and the desert flowers were everywhere, fields of yellow and purple like I have rarely seen. My friend found the creek crossing a bit cruel, so I pulled him over in the raft, but I thought the water -- though still high and fast flowing -- much warmer than my last trip last month, I would say around 60 degrees. But what do I know! I like cold water. From my experience, it was a typical week day at the springs at around 10 am, probably 10 people out and about, probably 1/2 nude, mostly in the womb pool. There were some residual campers here and there when we arrived, on the sand beach and they had obviously had fires and were still cooking things.

My friend and I were in the shade under the trees close to the creek around 11 am when suddenly we see a group arrive on the opposite shore. And then more arrive. 5 then 10. And then more arrive. 10 then 15. And then more arrive. 15 then 20. And more and more and more. In groups they start coming over to the other side and immediately sidestep the pools to make their way to the shade patch where me and my friend are sitting. And still more arrive, and more. 35 total I would say, all in one big group. I was dreading a kind of spring break atmosphere, like a typical overdone weekend day, but it turned out to be the opposite. I asked them what the deal was, and it turns out a group of 35 from a yoga retreat out in Joshua Tree had come to the springs for the day. They were mellow, friendly, and very fun. While a group, they didn't know each other that well yet, and so it took a while for the skinnydipping to begin, but once it did, many of the group joined in and it really turned into a beautiful nude day at the springs. Yoga retreat folks are mostly very beautiful by the way! I think I may start some yoga. In fact they invited me to their retreat next year. They were about an equal mix of guys and girls, gays and straights, all ages from 20s to 50s I would say.

When things warmed up to the mid 80s by the afternoon, I did a lot of jumping off the rocks and swimming in the creek, broken up by moments in the womb pool to warm back up. It was really the perfect day. The Beautiful Yogas left en masse around 4 pm, and my friend and I followed a half hour later. Hiked out nude, passed around 6 people some with sleeping bags on their way down (none nude, a little odd for the nude hiker I must admit). Epic Day!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2010 12:40PM by neogeo.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Friday, May 7

neogeo2396May 06, 2010 03:35PM

rrr50501063May 06, 2010 06:45PM

neogeo1101May 06, 2010 06:50PM

neogeo1003May 07, 2010 09:26PM

rrr5050881May 10, 2010 10:06PM

neogeo1054May 10, 2010 10:50PM

Paul P.844May 11, 2010 08:28AM

coyote1975May 15, 2010 12:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login