Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Spring Has Sprung? Also New DCHS Photos :-)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 17, 2010 08:49PM
I hiked to DCHS yesterday ( 2-16-10 ). It was a beautiful day with spring like conditions. There was a light crowd with maybe 10 or so people there during my visit. New green leaves are starting to sprout on some limbs of the Willow that stands next to the Aniversary Hot Pool. I also saw signs of some other plants coming to life. Sure seems early for this kind of thing being only mid February. Had some long chats with several of the visitors :-) The wade across the creek was a bit over waist high if you crossed slightly downstream from the beach. The creek temp was 43 degrees. I put 13 new photos at the Wizards pictures link below, or you can also go to this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35054303@N00/?saved=1

Eleven of the new photos were taken at DCHS yesterday during my visit there. Well looks like the temps will be cooling back down with chances of rain this weekend. The warm temps this week have been real nice and glad I got to spend one of those days at DCHS :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 08:56PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Spring Has Sprung? Also New DCHS Photos :-)

Wizard2040February 17, 2010 08:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login