Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 02-13 thru 02-15

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 16, 2010 07:49AM
Saturday morning I kept thinking about my favorite hot springs and my neighbor was camping there. So I loaded up my camping back pack and went to D.C.H.S.
We got there just before noon. When we arrived 10 naked guys and no women were there. I recognize 4 of the guys as homosexuals from years past. So I hiked back up the Bradford ridge @ 1.2 miles to a place my son and me camped in years gone by. When I got there I 6 foot wide and 4 foot deep canyon was where we had camped before. So I pushed some sand down hill and made a semi flat place for my sleeping bag. I know this place is legal because I tinkered with my GPS and got it working again. It said it was 1 mile from the springs to the fence on the Bradford ridge path.
This time of year only persons who truly love the spring make it across the creek to enjoy the place. During the day many did not make it. As the day went on Nakedman Dave said he had counted 60- 65 people at the springs.
Sand has been deposited on the rocks between the middle pool and the crab cooker. I did not have my thermometer to take the temps of the pools this trip. The creek was only barely below the height of the middle pool. Some one had channeled the water from the crab cooker to go to the middle pool and sand had this middle pool almost full. So me and Nakedman dug it out to @ 2 feet deep as the day went on.
That night was very pretty at my camp site but I had put all my stuff on a nylon tarp. If I had not ice would have been frozen to it by morning.So that tells me how cold it got.
The next day I got to the springs as the sun came up. That is the best part about camping here.
Sunday was the best day to be at the springs if you love beautiful naked women, as there were very many. More than the day before. I did not notice any difference in the height of the water in the creek from the previous day. And I had to go home to tend to some business. I left @ 3pm. It was one of those time where as you are leaving even more pretty women are arriving and you don't want to but leave. Business before pleasure.
So Sunday I attended to my business and just before 2pm I am back on the Bradford ridge path. This time I brought my thermometer. When I pulled it out of my pack the outside air temp was 74.5 degrees. This was just after 3pm. It too me only 44 minuets to hike/jog down the path. And I stopped and talked to a guy from Pasadena who got directions from here for the B.R. path and made it to the springs for the first time. He seemed like a smart hiker.
All temps are from the center of the pools and near the surface.
The crab cooker was 113.4 degrees. I dug most but not all of the sand out of this pool to. To the many thanks from the crowd.
The middle pool was 106.1 degrees and about 2& feet deep and sand and debris is still in it.
The womb or big pool was 100.9 degrees.
The Anniversary pool was 104.1 and very nice. For some reason I keep finding girls panties here. Which I keep putting in my trash bag.
I took the temp on the beach near where most people cross the creek and it was 45.5 degrees there. I went up stream to where the creek over flows the Arizona pool and it was 43.4 degrees there.
As you can tell from my NOTICE of NONCOMPLIANCE post this trip had a very depressing ending. I will not repeat my whine here. Because...
I am glad to help !

To view my photos of this weekend trip with descriptions go here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jobeflickr/
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 02-13 thru 02-15

jobe1542February 16, 2010 07:49AM

Re: Trip report 02-13 thru 02-15

jobe813February 16, 2010 08:38AM

Re: Trip report 02-13 thru 02-15

hiker1476February 16, 2010 10:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login