Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Okay here is Deep Creek

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 27, 2002 07:11AM
What is this preoccupation with "policing" the Springs?

I've been there many, many times and have NEVER seen a case where it was necessary to call in authorities. I've seen roudy people, people who have left trash behind; I've seen people who've been drinking, but I have never seen a case where I'd call the Sheriff. And Jobe talks about jotting down license plate numbers and calling 911??

If it really got that bad, then I would not be against taking appropriate measures to ensure safety, but how does one start a thread in this discussion based on the premise that setting up a patrol and bringing in law enforcement is either necessary or appropriate? Clearly, in my experience over the years, it would be a RARE instance where this would be necessary -- NOT THE RULE, as you imply.

Is this how you handle problems in your own neighborhood? God forbid. And NO, Jobe. The Sheriff's department is NOT there for you to call every time someone leaves some trash behind or has a few drinks. There's nothing wrong with a "concerned citizen's patrol", per se, but you make it sound like a villigante possee.

And Katrina, what is this talk of "banning" someone? Who has the authority to ban anyone from the Springs? You?

The more I hear from DCHS, Inc., the less I think they represent my interests whatsoever in regards to the Springs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Okay here is Deep Creek

katrina island 1093April 26, 2002 11:34PM

JOBE 591April 27, 2002 04:23AM

Naked Man 568April 27, 2002 07:11AM

DCR 601April 27, 2002 08:09AM

Naked Man 586April 27, 2002 08:41AM

DCR 616April 27, 2002 09:15AM

JOBE 594April 27, 2002 10:35AM

katrina island 1058April 27, 2002 12:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login