Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Okay here is Deep Creek

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 26, 2002 11:34PM
a place that we looooovvvvveeeee! and it is so wonderful, beautiful, healing, paradise, interesting conversations, stars (oops! confession, I like night at the springs), best hike around, renewing, anyway we love this place.

But with this place are challenges and issues. This place we love is isolated (which is one of the reasons we like it), far from help or civilization, popular, becoming more known, and has little law enforcement. There are all kinds of people in this world and not all of them are what we consider respectful to nature or nice.

If something is banned, the ban can only be enforced by law enforcement which would be the Forest Service. I think Bagby has more Forest Service involvement?

Currently the Forest Service only comes down there during the popular months once a weekend. It is a long journey for them.

So what would the solutions to this be? We could write to the Forest Service and request more patrols?? I don't think they have the funding to be there full time. Ranger Brad and Allison are pretty cool.

Or have the sheriff's department do more patrols on the roads leading to the springs? Perish the thought, especially these sheriffs.

How about the Bureau of Land Management conducting more patrols? There's Ranger Nelson, hmmmmmm..."Mike can do what he wants" said Ranger Nelson.

We have been thinking that it would help if there were a organized and cohesive group who cooperated with the agencies on these issues and received their assistance when needed. I was also thinking today about possibly some private security. This would have to be funded somehow. Of course, at this time we are not in a position to do this.

But those are some of my thoughts on this issue. What do you guys think? What solutions can we come up with?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Okay here is Deep Creek

katrina island 1092April 26, 2002 11:34PM

Re: Okay here is Deep Creek

JOBE 591April 27, 2002 04:23AM

Naked Man 568April 27, 2002 07:11AM

DCR 601April 27, 2002 08:09AM

Naked Man 586April 27, 2002 08:41AM

DCR 616April 27, 2002 09:15AM

JOBE 594April 27, 2002 10:35AM

katrina island 1058April 27, 2002 12:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login