Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 12-11

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 12, 2009 03:12PM
I went to the springs yesterday by way of the power line road from deep creek road in Hesperia. I have 4 wheel drive but I would not reccomend others use this route. Because it was wet and boulders have rolled into the road. Also as I neared the top of the hill where there is a shadow all day there and there is a 100 yard long ice patch. I slid side ways a couple of times in 4 by mode.
I expected to have the springs to myself. As there were no foot prints on the trail. However there were cow hoof prints. As I got to where you can see the beaches there were 2 tents. One near the shade trees and another @ 100 yards up stream.
When I got to the rock crossing I noticed the creek has risen @ 1 foot higher than it was 2 weeks ago when I was there last.
When I got to the pools a hip young couple was there. They said they came in last night and @ 12 cows were on mofo hill as they came in. I had seen several fresh cow patties there too. They also said it had rained heavy there during the night.
This time of the year the sun does not shine on the pools because it is so low in the sky it stays behind the ridge. So the big pool is maybe 99 degrees. I went to the Anniversary pool to warm up.
While there I spotted a tabby cat. She meowed and I meowed. I have seen this same cat 2 other times while there. The first time I was on the trail behind the springs and up hill. I came around the corner and saw her @ 2 seconds and she bolted. That was @ 2 months ago. 2 weeks ago while I was under the shade trees I spotted her near the source next to the P.C.T.
I fed her some roast beef sandwich this time and she cautiously allowed me to pet her. For @ 45 minuets. Then a guy with a dog came to the springs. The next time I go to the springs I plan on taking her home.
The sun sets @ 4:20 this time of year and I just did get to my truck before the freeze caught me.
Happy hot springing !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 12-11

jobe1359December 12, 2009 03:12PM

Re: Trip report 12-11

celtfire776December 12, 2009 04:16PM

Paul P.791December 12, 2009 06:55PM

celtfire886December 12, 2009 08:10PM

jobe1285December 13, 2009 08:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login