Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 11-21-09

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 22, 2009 06:51AM
I arrived at the springs at 1:10 PM. I took the Bradford ridge trail so I could miss the trash going the power line route. When I got there a large group from UCLA had just arrived. Most were women about 70 %, who joined the native custom by being au natural. They had sleeping bags and tents. So I had to ask if they were camping and DUH of course they were. So, David and I notified them of the rules too which they asked how much was the fine ? David said 60$. Their reply, "OH that's SO worth it ! "
Much of our evening was spent watching the many people crossing the cold creek. I started to tell them how they could cross at the rock crossing but the majority of the guys were enjoying watching them cross the cold creek. So I stopped trying to divert them so they could enjoy the painful look on their faces.
As the day went on more and more people showed up mostly female so @ 3:00 I guess there were @ 70 - 80 people there. No one was load or obnoxious or too drunk and a good vibe was predominant. No teenagers or children and a mature conversation was on going.
The pools were cleaner than usual and as I left I could not find any trash for my trash bag.
The only problem of the day was when 2 lesbians started to kiss and grope each other in the big pool full of students. Another guy @ 40 asked them to stop, so as not to get the natives excited. He stood up to show how he was already exited. The lesbians and @ 5 guys disappeared up canyon. So the problem was resolved, hopefully.
Many of us were crowded on the beach soaking up the sunshine as the clouds went away and a good time was had by all. As I left the springs music, alcahol and the smell of sweet herbs was everywhere ! guess there were at least 40 people camping out as I left at sunset. But more were going down the trails as I left.
Happy thanks giving !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 11-21-09

jobe1587November 22, 2009 06:51AM

Re: Trip Report 11-21-09

desertdude923November 22, 2009 09:38PM

Re: Trip Report 11-21-09

jobe1493November 23, 2009 09:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login