All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 08, 2009 08:42AM
I arrived at the Bradford Ridge trail head at 12:30pm. I was the only person to use this trail. As I headed to the springs I saw a Road Runner dart toward an open meadow. I followed him in only to find His mate. I observed their interaction for 30 minutes. When a male and female Road Runners get near each other It is hard to tell if they are fighting or just having sex. I followed these Road Runners over hill and dale, observing them. Suddenly I was near the hot springs. So I let the Road Runners have some privacy.
When I got to the springs @ 25 people were crossing the creek to the beach. They were packing to leave.
I started a conversation with David the pick up every one's trash trail angel. David and I connected in a way that is hard to describe in words. I am always glad to see David when at the springs. As time went by every one was watching a smoke cloud coming from L.A. It would curve from Cajon pass and come toward the San Bernardino Mts. Possibly fowling the air for our hike out.
When I set my towel on the beach near the shade trees I thought I would be alone. But 10 minuets later a guy with 2 females come and set their stuff down next to me. They were 20 somethings, One female was there 1 year ago and brought her friends from Berkley. They loved the place but did not know where the pools were. So I gave them the Grand tour. They were very nice and cool people. They enjoyed the springs to the Max, for @ 3 hours. And every one liked the pretty women.
While talking to the Berkley girls another woman butted into our conversation. I spent the rest of the day until sunset. Letting her tell me her life's story. Very interesting stories.
As I hiked out it became dark and I noticed the trail needs some work in some places. It is to narrow in some places and it is easy to slip.
I almost forgot the police helicopter buzzed the hot springs twice. The first time they stayed @ 300 feet high and went slowly by. The second time they were @ 100 feet up and went even slower. But circled the beach area. Kinda freaky. David and I mentioned they just wanted to see some boobs. 2 women took their tops off for the Coppers ;~)
It was not as crowded as I thought it would be. All in all a nice day to be at Deep Creek Hot Springs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

trip report , Labor Day

jobe1887September 08, 2009 08:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login