Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report September 5th

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 07, 2009 07:48PM
Went down to DCHS on Saturday, via Bradford Ridge Trail. One other car already at Bradford Ridge trail head at 6:45am. I got down to the springs just before 8am. The water in Deep Creek is very low, and quite warm. The hot pools were in pretty good condition, especially the Anniversary Pool - despite the low water level in the creek, this pool was crystal clear and pretty clean. The Anniversary pool looks like it hasn't been cleaned out in a while. There was a bunch of rotting gunk in the deep part, right where the water runs in. The womb was great.

It looks like DCHS has been heavily used recently (although the numbers were pretty light when I was there). There are lots of bits and pieces of clothing and camping equipment left behind and little bits of trash just about everywhere. However, it wouldn't take more than an hour to clean it all up.

The crowd was small and eclectic. It was much smaller than I expected. I was down there last Labor Day weekend and it was like being in Santa Monica. There were 7 campers and 5 day trippers when I arrived. A family of Eastern European origin arrived shortly afterward - two young boys, a man and two women. I couldn't tell what their language was, but it wasn't familiar, and I spend a lot of time in Europe.

A few people trickled in between 10 and 11 am, via Bowen Ranch.

I left shortly after 11. Bradford Ridge trail is in pretty poor condition.

I wonder if the recent trouble with cars on the Freedom trail and the rangers ticketing campers has scared some people away?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report September 5th

Murray1524September 07, 2009 07:48PM

Re: Trip Report September 5th

Rick1378September 07, 2009 08:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login