Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Deep Creek 7-25 / 14 Photos

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 27, 2009 06:51PM
My most recent hike to Deep Creek was this last Saturday. I started hiking from my vehicle around 12 noon in air temps around 97-98 degrees, pretty hot. Thankfully just as I started a thunderstorm that was brewing just northeast of me was advancing in my direction and blocked the sun, and the heat. This storm was putting down some regular lightning strikes so I went at a brisk pace towards Deep Creek through the brushy hills. Sometimes these storms will start wild fires and I didn't want to get caught out in those dry hills. When I reached the edge of the Deep Creek canyon big rain drops began to fall and it got very humid. I made my way down a steep ridge to the creek and just when I got to the water the sun came back out as if to greet me after arriving at the cool stream. The sun shone for the rest of the day. Off to the north big white billowing thunderclouds rose up and fell, over and over. I had a great time enjoying the serene atmosphere along the creek and taking regular dips to cool off. I like watching the big red and blue dragonflies flitting around and also the sound of the wind in the trees. There was a marshy area that had lots of 1 inch yellow grasshoppers jumping around in the grasses at the waters edge. Deep Creeks peacefullness and wonderful vistas once again provided for a very relaxing and inspiring day. On my hike back I was treated to the sight of a big thunderstorm complex to the north with many lightning strikes coming out of it. The high clouds of this storm shone red and orange in the waning light and was magnificent scenery to end my day with. I have put 14 photos ( all on page one ) at the Wizard's pictures link below taken on this hike. Deep Creek is such a treasure of natures wonders cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 08:08PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deep Creek 7-25 / 14 Photos

Wizard2119July 27, 2009 06:51PM

Re: Deep Creek 7-25 / 14 Photos

Wizard1001July 27, 2009 08:11PM

Gary921July 28, 2009 12:18PM

Wizard766July 28, 2009 10:06PM

Supplement1509July 31, 2009 11:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login