Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: How is DCHS now a days?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 23, 2009 12:32PM
Soaking Swede,
I have never had any such trouble at the Freedom trail. That is why they call it the Freedom trail. No money, no clothes and no problems. Several years ago I spent 8 days there with 8 other friends and we all were naked the whole 8 days. Of course the weather was a perfect 80 degrees during the day and 70 degrees at night with a full moon too. I think it was in June also.
If you are renting a car for your stay rent a truck instead. As high ground clearance is less worry some.
To find the freedom trail do this:
About 200 meters or yards to Americans before the Bowen Ranch is a dirt road with a green and white gate. Turn to the right north and go through this gate. Go 3/4 of a mile or just more than a kilometer and another green gate. Turn left and go about 2 kilometers or @ 1.3 miles to the first dirt road you come to and go left again. This dirt road goes @ 100 meters or yards and dead ends. Turn left again and go less than a kilometer or 1/2 a mile and as you start down a hill a parking lot appears. Park here and look south east for some medium sized boulders where a trail starts to the hot springs. It is 2 kilometers or 1.2 miles to the hot springs. If you like it is not illegal to camp near this parking lot nude. However, you may be more comfortable camping out of site of any passing cars. There is a large variety of camping places all around there. My favorite is north of the parking lot @ 100 meters up hill. Also you will get full cell phone coverage there and you have a view over anyone coming or going around you there. And if you have binoculars or a telescope you can see a part of the Bowen ranch parking lot @ 1 mile north and east .
If we are lucky you just might see me camping there for my birthday in my birthday suit.
What ever, have fun and enjoy your stay and write a trip report here to let us know how your weekend went.
Glad 2 help !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How is DCHS now a days?

SoakingSwede1714June 22, 2009 10:25AM

Ann1033June 22, 2009 02:35PM

SoCalFreeHiker915June 22, 2009 07:06PM

Paul P.1174June 22, 2009 10:27PM

Ann813June 23, 2009 08:08AM

jobe809June 23, 2009 12:32PM

jobe1483June 23, 2009 12:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login