Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (91% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Sat. Visit-1st time

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 19, 2009 04:47AM
Ann, One of the initial joys of discovering Deep Creek for me was the combination of mountain stream and volcanic hot springs just feet apart, a confluence divine. Most times, the visitor gets there, discovers the springs, the deep pools in the creek, the beaches, grassy perches in the shade and why, oh why, would anyone go elsewhere, that visitor might ask..... and I say, because there's so much more to DCHS than the trail's end.

Head upstream and you'll find delights at every bend of the creek; private sandy beaches next to 12 foot deep pools fed by tiny waterfalls; a cave formed by an ancient collision of two enormous boulders becomes a cool place to sleep or otherwise occupy oneself (or twoselves); roaring rapids or wide slow and shallow pools, the variety of personalities one little creek could display is startling. Who needs Disneyland?

I hope that you'll tell us of your future excursions to Deep Creek and share your experiences here on the Forum. I also invite you to visit the Facebook group I started: "Deep Creek Hot Springs."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 08:09PM by celtfire.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sat. Visit-1st time

Ann1699June 17, 2009 02:37PM

Paul P.1505June 17, 2009 03:34PM

celtfire1010June 19, 2009 04:47AM

Paul P.795June 19, 2009 11:19PM

celtfire1495June 20, 2009 12:06AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login