All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 20, 2002 12:09AM
I'm up here at my brothers house near the end of the eastern ( Pit River ) arm of Lake Shasta. I wish I had a digital camera so I could show you all the veiw from his homesite. Mt. Shasta to the North, Mt. lassen to the east and the Trinity alps off to the west with snow on the higher peaks. All around are pines, oaks manzanita and many other assorted trees. Off to the west Lake Shasta can be seen in four differant places and each veiw of the lake is so far apart that it looks like your looking at four differant lakes. There's not another house in site and you can see from his house for many miles around. If you have never checked out the Redding area its well worth a trip. We have 20 acres about a mile from my brothers house and plan to live here when we retire. This place is just full of trees and lakes and streams and there are lots of amazing outdoor scenic places to go. I worked in this area as a Forestry Firefighter back in the early 80's and fell in love with what I saw here. Ok, I,m starting to sound like a Chamber of Commerce promo message. Well I'm going to miss tomorrows cleanup day down at OZ. Would like to hear a report from anyone ( like Ron ) who is able to make it down there. Hopefully they get a decent turnout :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Road Trip

Wizard 1120April 20, 2002 12:09AM

Re: Road Trip

travelin'charley 611April 20, 2002 05:42PM

Re: Road Trip

JOBE 920April 21, 2002 06:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login