Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: Spa pool folliculitis

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2002 09:13PM
Rick, I checked out the information you suggested. I would say its certainly possible that the discussed bacteria may have caused the symptoms that those of us affected experienced. The small red itchy bumps I had were tiny cmpared to what is shown in the picture. I did see one person get out of the Womb at DCHS who had big red spots much more similar to what the picture at the site you suggested shows. I remember that this was around when I first started experiencing the bumps and I wondered about a possible relationship to what I saw on this person. In a later talk with this person I found out that they had experienced the same syptoms I had in recent months. I went to the hotsprings last weekend but since it was a very warm weekend I never got in the hotpools and just swam in the creek and of course had no problems with the itchy bumps. This problem definitely has to do with the water and I think what you have suggested is a good possibility. I also heard from another regular that Mike Castro suggested the cause of these itchy bumps were bacteria just as your information states. Thanks for bringing that info to my attention. I know that we have had some very dry years recently and this year in the Southern California area is presently the driest one on record to date. I thinks its possible that the flows at the hotsprings may be reduced or adversely affected by the lack of rainfall and this may be causing the increase of bacteria in the pools.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Spa pool folliculitis

Rick 2606April 18, 2002 05:16PM

Wizard 809April 18, 2002 09:13PM

Rick 885April 19, 2002 04:03PM

Paul P. 971April 19, 2002 05:10PM

DCR 740April 26, 2002 01:40PM

Paul P. 722April 26, 2002 05:19PM

Wizard 1164April 26, 2002 09:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login