Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 4-5-09

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 06, 2009 04:38PM
I spent Satuday night in the village reminiscing with some old friends. The atmosphere there has changed for the better over time. The Moon was bright and beautiful.
Sunday @ 11:00am I hiked the freedom trail to the springs. I saw the little blue boat mentioned by Wizard. I can not imagine why anyone would litter so badly. Almost every flower that blooms was. The freedom trail has become very largely over used. Motorcycles have been useing it also. When we got to the parking lot no vehicles were there.
When we arrived at the springs @ 30 collage students were soaking nude. Almost all of them. As the day went on the regulars started arriving, many I already know, some were new regulars.
At 3:00pm I took these tempuratures. All were taken near the center of the pools near the top of the water.
The main pool was 98.7 degrees. It was in need of being cleaned out from the bottom. Dead algae has built up there and the large volume of people soaking stirred it up constantly.
The Arizona pool was 103.8 degrees. Some one has dug the excess sand out and built the walls up.
The anniversery pool was 102.2degrees.
The crab cooker was 113.1 degrees at the lower end. And 115.1 degrees at where the cooper pipe is.
The creek was 51.8 degrees at the rocks where most people cross on the springs side.
Everyone seemed to have a good time soaking.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 4-5-09

jobe 1803April 06, 2009 04:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login