Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: SC88

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 22, 2009 11:18AM
http://survivalacres.com/wordpress/

Big Problems Ahead

............we already have a pretty serious population problem. It will not take one more birth to break the proverbial straw, so claiming that another billion or so more will “do it” isn’t logical. The issues of land, food, fresh water, energy, resources and habitable climate are all already here for all of the world’s current population (current news example here). We’re already jockeying with each other over these resources, but if you notice, nothing of these things are increasing, they’re all still decreasing.

I think many of these articles are deliberately written to keep you off-kilter and basically in the dark (while selling newspapers). Consider this statement:

“We’re relatively fortunate in the UK; there may not be shortages here, but we can expect prices of food and energy to rise.”

Hahaha, England is going get SLAMMED with massive food shortages, changing climate, huge waves of immigration and rising crime. Their energy supplies are also highly questionable (depending on what data you believe), so England is not “fortunate” at all, England is one of the First World countries that is going to be in very serious trouble.

Like climatologist, I think that the entire world is scrambling to “keep up” with the changing data sets that portray our future. There is already widespread agreement now that the IPCC has woefully underestimated the effects of climate change even in their “worst case scenario”.

The recent Copenhagen conference has made this quite clear — we’re not sound the alarm loudly or long enough. But I argue that until we stop trying to politicize the issue, we will fail anyway. The economists (in all of us) always wins out (for the present) when it comes to charting our path through this dark future. It is not until we are backed into a corner will we effectively change, and by then I also argue, it will be already far too late.

This is why climate discussions never translate into a real change on the ground. We wrongly believe that we still have time, that we can still engineer our way out of this and that it won’t be as bad as it could be. I strongly disagree with this view, I think it will be VERY BAD, I think it is already too late (self-reinforcing feedbacks are now in motion) and any attempts at engineering this will backfire badly (make things even worse).

It is my view that nature does not “need” our help, it simply needs to be respected and to be left alone for the most part. What nature does in terms of “adjustments” (biodiversity), it does far, far better then humans ever will.

But leaving nature alone is not likely to ever happen, not in a world that believes in ownership, wealth, dominion, power, greed, corruption and exploitation. So I realize that this is just a fantasy that will never happen, but it sure would have made for a much different world if it did.

So I still think, and am having more and more people to agree, that we need to continue to prepare for the worst. This is the growing conclusion of the brighter and more educated minds on the planet. I’m not at all surprised the media outlets are still downplaying the long-term effects of these problems. I’m 100% convinced that they are out of their depth, real apocalyptic scenarios aren’t their bailiwick. Maybe they should hire on a few fiction writers to supplement the fiction they keep trying to force feed us.

The only real, sure-fire-ways to fix these issues is for humanity to basically “stop” doing everything that it is presently doing that is leading itself to destruction. But this will never happen, because this would undermine the very basis of our civilization (which is the problem). A new human civilization needs to be “built” (embraced) that does not exploit what it does not need, that does not own what it cannot possess (the land effectively laughs at us claiming “ownership”, then we wither and die), and does not greedily hunger after material things.

These three things, exploitation, ownership and greed are root evils in humans that continue to plague mankind. We’ve wrongly exalted these qualities as being the earmarks of “success”, when it is really among the worst kind of human behavior there is.

We’ve created a world based upon competition instead of sharing, exploitation instead of nurturing, and false ideas of ownership and possession as means and measurements to provide meaning in life.

Effectively, we are all forced to “compete” for everything, even those things that should still be free (the right to life, liberty and security, which includes food, water, shelter, clothing and housing).

We demean those that refuse these abominable lies, and exalt and praise those and even reward those who excel in it. Don’t believe it? Examine how we humans treat the “poor”, homeless, hungry, impoverished and needy. We are truly horrible when it comes to understanding what is really valuable in this world.
We’ve got it all backwards. And quite frankly, most of us are simply too dumb to know it.

Therefore, do not expect science or technology, politicians or corporate “benevolence” to “save you” from what is certain to happen. This is a fiction which permeates to the very roots of our society and civilization. You will remain the slave that you are as long for as they can manage. And then when you are of no more use to them, you will be discarded like a dirty rag and left to rot in “shelters” or tent cities.

This is exactly how we dealt with the American Indians and other “savage” cultures, offering them trinkets and baubles in exchange for land and resources, while holding a bloody knife behind our backs (which we were quick to use when the time came).

We have destroyed ALL of the civilizations that refused exploitation of the natural world, and those that believed ownership was evil or wrong. And we have now laid waste to an entire planet as a result.

So as I’ve always said right here, you are all on your own. You will always be on your own because you all live in the same place I do, in a world that does not even comprehend its own peril, that does not care much for its own survival, and has no interest at all in things that are not profitable.

You will be bamboozled and misled by lying articles and politicians and corporate shills who will claim that they are “doing all these things for your own good” and how they are “fixing it” and working towards your salvation, but all they will be really doing, all that they will have always done, is to tighten the noose around your neck that much more before they hang you.

Remember that because it has always been true.

The world does not need and never has these “people” who believe that they can ’serve you’ by becoming your masters (owners), governing your life in ways that are against nature and life itself. They are only serving themselves and those that own them. I don’t need to tell you to eschew their company and to abandon their ranks. These are the people who are going to fall the hardest of all, because they are going to lose the most (witness the financial crisis now occurring).

So yes, we’ve got big, big problems ahead, and they all remain as unsolved as ever.............

Regarding exploding population, the world's pre-imminent problem, the elephant in the room that gets consistently ignored, there was a record amount of births in the US in 2007. Most of humanities greatest ills derive from excessive and growing world population. As human numbers continue to sky rocket, the travails created by this will sky rocket in scope beyond any ability of proposed solutions to deal with the consequences.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SC88

Wizard 1363March 15, 2009 03:37PM

Wizard 792March 15, 2009 04:22PM

Wizard 760March 15, 2009 04:51PM

Wizard 667March 18, 2009 04:27PM

Wizard 768March 18, 2009 09:59PM

Wizard 889March 19, 2009 09:18PM

Wizard 673March 20, 2009 08:12PM

Wizard 1370March 20, 2009 08:48PM

Rick 727March 20, 2009 09:40PM

Wizard 806March 21, 2009 10:15AM

Wizard 761March 21, 2009 10:54AM

Wizard 796March 22, 2009 10:30AM

Wizard 661March 22, 2009 11:18AM

Wizard 739March 22, 2009 02:56PM

Wizard 1530March 22, 2009 09:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login