All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 24, 2009 09:53PM
I was down at Deep Creek last week ( the 18th ) a came across more cattle up on the hillside about 100 yards from the stream. I've seen new tracks and cow pies down in the Deep Creek canyon every time I have gone there lately. I got photos of the cattle and will be getting in touch with the USFS personel about the errant cows, once again. I'm going to ask them what ( if any ) penalty or fine applies with these consistent and on-going intrusions of the cattle into USFS lands. I heard that the guy ( maybe named Stone ) who has this allotment now owns the old paradise ranch property just adjacent to the Bowen Ranch Rd. Its the one you pass in the canyon with the white pole fencing along the rd. I was out hiking today off of 3N14 ( near Rattlesnake Springs ) into big rock outcrop areas north of Rattlesnake Mountain and came across what looked like cattle tracks out there ( maybe horse tracks ). Of course as usual I came across lots of illegal moto tracks. I hiked across east to Horse Spring campground then went a bit north to the upper end of the southern arm of Arrastre Canyon, then downstream ( which is flowing just barely right now from snow melt ) back to my vehicle on 3N14. That part of upper Arrastre Canyon has lots of big oaks, especially on the southern ( north facing ) side of the canyon. I would imagine its an area that the indians frequented long ago with all its oaks and places for rock shelters. There is a no-name spring shown on my map at the base of one of the big rock groups. I think I found it. Still some pretty good snow in the sun sheltered places and hillsides. Nice day for a hike with warm temps and interesting cloud formations :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BLM and Forest Service Announce 2009 Grazing Fee

Rick 1213February 20, 2009 09:51PM

Re: BLM and Forest Service Announce 2009 Grazing Fee

LaughingBear 747February 24, 2009 05:51PM

Rick 699February 24, 2009 07:18PM

Wizard 1177February 24, 2009 09:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login