Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Bowen ranch road report + what ever ? 2-10 2023

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 11, 2023 02:42PM
It was another weather perfect day so I was had to revisit my favorite hot spring. As for road conditions I do agree with George. The owner of the D.C.H.SPRINGS CAMPGROUND. He said " the road conditions are almost as good as they have ever been too." They are dry.There are a few more ruts in the road than there were before. One should be carefull to navigate around them. The ruts do not get bad until you go about 4 miles going from the pavement. I told George "If people Love the springs they will make it." Just go slow and be careful.
It was 10:20 am when I pulled into the new and improved campground. Hiked in just as 3 Guatemalan immigrants, first timers, were very interested in learning about these hot springs. You may say I entertained them. And made them more excited to be in this country and at this gift of nature. They got an ear full. They thanked me more than a dozen times.
Many persons swam across the creek. The water was near freezing. It was almost up to my nipples for only about 5 feet in one spot crossing just down stream from the beach. The deep spot is just before you get the other side. Just 3 quick steps and you can get out to yell at your frozen muscles. And it is all so very worth it. The depth just beyond the permanent boulders there was over 5 feet. It was only 2 foot deep there before this last flood. Also, the beach just above the Arizona pool was washed away partially. A new rut has formed to the right side of the spring down to the bed rock. The tall plants to the right side of there were washed down stream almost 2 feet, unusual. As for trash, I only found 1 wine bottle and an ugly piece of burnt aluminum to haul out with me. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TOO HUMM EVER! Is taking out trash. There were never more than 20 people at the springs at one time. No issues at all. Everyone happy all day long.
I had a thermometer with me but !!! It gave me too cold a reading to be believed. Every pool was clean and GREAT for soaking. I hope this helps everyone who is thinking of visiting.
Have a happy football celebration everyone !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bowen ranch road report + what ever ? 2-10 2023

jobe758February 11, 2023 02:42PM

Re: Bowen ranch road report + what ever ? 2-10 2023

skittles476February 14, 2023 01:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login