Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Desert USA site

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 26, 2009 11:47PM
I post here about Dan on the 24th, and within one day its on the DUSA forum. Allen, why do you watch the DCHS board with so much interest, and apparent regularity? Keeping up with who's watching the illegal riding in the Deep Creek canyon maybe? Seems to me there was a OHV enthusiast Allen that has posted here at the DCHS Forum in the past.
So now that I know you will be getting my message Dan, care of Allen, you can bluster all you want about comments that I may have made to you regarding OHV issues here at this forum and say " I attacked you ", but the bottom line is, you have shown that you don't have the moral spine to come here and show your evidence in the form of the specific content of what I posted. I seriously doubt that I treated you with more harshness than your verbal response would have warrented. Anything I have ever said at this forum regarding OHV activities has been targeted at those of this community who are without any doubt whatsoever involved in illlegal OHV activities. You doubt what I say, prove me wrong.
Being upset about illegal OHV activities does not make me an anti OHV zealot, coining the term you like to use. Your lies about me regarding where I was parked, at burning man, and at a small lake I camped near were not some simple joke meant by you. You spun complete falsehood about the sign behind my minivan at burning man, meaning to imply that I ignored a " no camping " sign. That sign speaks to the fact that behind the rope with flags it is " walk in camping only ". The other half of the sign ( left side ) says something like " no vehicles " or something to that affect. I have spent two months of time at Burning Man, I know what the sign means.
Then you go on to make another false representation in the second picture. In that photo where my van is parked next to a tree, there is a fence in front of it. You tried once again to imply that I had violated somehow the rules of private property. You spoke of how the fence looked bent, so clearly I must have climbed over it already and violated someones private property one way or another in that case. The fence Dan went in a circle surrounding some trees which were dead that the private land owner had planted. The small trees were dead and can be seen in the photo, little sticks sticking out of the ground. The land where my van was parked was private property, and the owner allows the public to camp on his land provided they take care of it and follow his small list of basic rules, which of course I did.
Then you went on in a fashion to assume that it was now factual that I had violated a no camping sign, and that I had intruded illegal on private property, as evidenced by your two statements: " Here, Mr Wizard is parked at Burning Man, camped right in front of a sign that reads: NO public camping blah blah blah. He posted this himself on the internet, likely proud of his achievement of having ignored warning signs not to camp in that spot. ", and, " Here's another where our friend, Mr Wizard, is parked right up against a fence. I wonder if the private property was on this side or the other side. Looks like he has already hopped the fence, since it's all bent up. Mr Wizard should practice what he preaches. ". You were using these photos as ploys to contrive the subtle implication that I on the one hand, speak of how OHV riders should respect the laws, and yet, here you had shown ( falsely ) that I was not one to respect a camping sign or illegal intrusion on someones private property. The real honest truth is Dan, your true purpose was to paint me in a bad light, to help you bolster any contentions you might consequently make about me that I really don't follow the rules after all, and in that case would be two faced in complaining about illegal OHV activities. What you did was spin lies about me, plain and simple.
On another issue, my kids have never been to Burning Man, but if someday they want to go, I will have no qualms about taking them. There is nothing illegal about families going to Burning Man, period. There are kids there every year, and also there are lots of law enforcement to watch over things. This is just another thing you sought to use as a means to disparage me.
I've got plenty of friends and family in this valley that would have no problem backing up my character, any time. Now I've been given a glimpse into yours Dan. I have no interest in bantering with you more about this at DUSA. But if any of you others there want to know the real truth about me, and not Dan's make-believe prognostications, the sensible pursuit of truth and honesty would have you know in depth both sides, before making any pre-mature judgements about my character.
Lastely, I see Dan that you posted this, " Some of us use reason and logic, and others hide behind mystification and vague ambiguity ". Your mode of operation Dan is definitely in the latter category, as clealy evidence by your comments regarding me at the DUSA Forum. And this is so rich too, " He can also be slapped with a civil suit for his disparaging comments without foundation ", referencing EZ-Rider's implications that your actions could be seen as stalking me. But regarding this comment, remind you of anyone Dan? Specifically the part about disparaging comments without foundation? I know, its just your forked tongue messing you up. Its understandable, a serpent thing.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Desert USA site

Wizard 2151January 24, 2009 05:32PM

Wizard 842January 24, 2009 06:29PM

Wizard 746January 24, 2009 08:44PM

jobe 746January 24, 2009 09:19PM

Wizard 814January 24, 2009 09:15PM

jobe 817January 25, 2009 10:24AM

Wizard 759January 24, 2009 09:57PM

Wizard 1273January 25, 2009 05:10PM

jobe 790January 25, 2009 11:46PM

Wizard 829January 26, 2009 02:27PM

Wizard 917January 26, 2009 11:47PM

Wizard 832January 27, 2009 10:07AM

Allen 802January 27, 2009 05:52PM

Wizard 919January 27, 2009 09:12PM

Wizard 894January 28, 2009 01:03PM

Wizard 801January 28, 2009 01:08PM

Wizard 815January 28, 2009 01:13PM

Wizard 1580January 28, 2009 01:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login