All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 19, 2009 06:52AM
I took 7 first timers with me on Saturday. This was an eclectic group that included my neighbour, a coworker, a mother and her three teenage children (16 yo boy, 14 and 13 year old girls), and my 15 year old son. We have been hiking and camping together for many years and we all live in the same neighbourhood in LA.

We hiked up the Pacific Crest Trai from trailhead on route 173. Doing this confirmed my belief that, if you have the time, this is the best way to get to DCHS. The hike itself is beautiful and takes about 2 hours in both directions. It is strenuous enough that by the time you get to DCHS, you feel like you have had a good workout and all you want to do is strip off and get in the water.

When we left the trailhead, the temp was 42 degrees. We arrived at DCHS at about 10:45am. There were a few people there. There were a couple of tents, but over the course of the next few hours these disappeared. From the time we got there until about 12:30, a steady stream of people arrived, with one big group also coming up the PCT - a hiking club.

This was the biggest crowd I have seen on the weekend there. But, it was also a really, really good crowd. It was great that some of the most knowledgeable people were there - including the Wizard, but there were others that we spoke to but didn't get names.

I didn't estimate the number of clothed vs. naked soakers, but naked soakers were in a majority early on and then gradually the balanced moved to the bathing suits. Both groups comingled very easily. In fact, it was interesting to watch some people move from the clothed to the naked group over the course of the day.

Everyone in our group really enjoyed themselves. Of the many places we have hiked together, we all agree this is one the best.

One thing I have been a bit disappointed with this winter is the warm weather. It has been too warm. But it looks like next Saturday it will be cold and there is a chance of snow. So, I am planning on going. If there is anyone who would like to hike the PCT with me, let me know. There is a chance I will be on my own.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 1/18/09

Murray 1119January 19, 2009 06:52AM

Re: Trip Report 1/18/09

andrew 766January 19, 2009 06:22PM

Wizard 883January 19, 2009 07:28PM

Nevada Naturist 830January 21, 2009 08:44PM

Murray 824January 23, 2009 02:28PM

Nevada Naturist 1475January 23, 2009 09:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login